Blades v Coventry, is this it??

I don't post on here very often these days, fed up of the childlike pettiness that has not changed over the years, but is this it, do you guys think we will accomplish it, i hope so, this team and in particular, this manager, thoroughly deserve this accolade, but most of all, the fans that have stuck by the team through thick and thin, let's do this....

Guest sibon
I don't post on here very often these days, fed up of the childlike pettiness that has not changed over the years, but is this it, do you guys think we will accomplish it, i hope so, this team and in particular, this manager, thoroughly deserve this accolade, but most of all, the fans that have stuck by the team through thick and thin, let's do this....

You are definitely up, Longy. Probably as champs.

I do hope that Coventry beat you though. Just to give them an outside chance of escaping relegation. I really feel for their fans. They are a proper, old fashioned, good football club that has been run apallingly badly. I'd like to see them escape.

Edited by sibon

You are definitely up, Longy. Probably as champs.

I do hope that Coventry beat you though. Just to give them an outside chance of escaping relegation. I really feel for their fans. They are a proper, old fashioned, good football club that has been run apallingly badly. I'd like to see them escape.

TBH Andy, i didn't realise where they were in the Lge, that is sad for a team of their stature, still want to beat them though for selfish reasons....

youre up, probably as champs, and probably will be, youve done, cant see it changing

Even your lot cant mess this up Longy.

Coventry will be on a high after todays escapades but cant afford to take there eye off the main prize. It's a nailed on draw for me!

Your up, its just when and if it's as champions(which it probably will) but I agree with sibon, I would rather Coventry get a chance of survival

Well, it has had a response from the old SF guard, Sibon, Nervy, Speedy and Mel, allegiances aside, we need to get SF back to how it used to be, regardless of who we support...

I've no sympathy with Coventry. They're where they deserve to be.

I still want revenge for the 0-3 defeat in 1972, the only time I visited the old Highfield Road ground. A day to forget, but I haven't!

I seem to remember their great winger Tommy Hutchison having a good game for them... the big difference between the two sides that day.

Woodward and Currie played and Tom McAllister was in goal, but United had a rare off day.

Here's hoping for a 3-0 win on Wednesday, although any winning score will suffice to take us a step further.

Edited by BladeSteve

I think we'll win (hope) but I think Fleetwood will, too. I hope we smash a few past Coventry on their way down. I really couldn't care for their fans and the childish antics they've been doing for most of the season.

Why are people on here feeling sorry for Coventry city ,would they feel the same way if it was United or Wednesday!! Coventry are there because they are not good enough poor players ,had numerous managers in a short period of time ,

And problems off field

Hope the blades stuff em ,fleetwood lose ,and the blades up then we can all look forward to next season and some good old city clashes come on blades 3/0

The games all about winning :)

There's no denying you deserve to go up as Champion's and could do well next season providing you bring in the right players...

Just as long as your below Wednesday it will be fine..:hihi:

There's no denying you deserve to go up as Champion's and could do well next season providing you bring in the right players...

Just as long as your below Wednesday it will be fine..:hihi:

I think for any promoted team, mid table would be a good result and anything above a bonus.

---------- Post added 03-04-2017 at 09:35 ----------

In answer to the OP.

Blades are 13 points ahead of Fleetwood and have 14 GD advantage. Fleetwood have a possible 18 points left, so any combination of 6 points for Blades sees off Fleetwood and all the others except Bolton. So 6 points = promotion.

Bolton are 6 points behind and Blades have 4 GD advantage. Bolton also have have 18 points to play for so any combination of 13 points from 18 will see Blades as champions, and that's if Bolton were to win all their remaining games which is unlikely.

Edited by blackydog