Barnsley v Sheffield Wednesday 01/04/17

I know its a while away but its another important game.

I usually hate international breaks but this one was very timely, a chance to regroup after a couple of knocks and time to hopefully get some players back fit, it was imporatant that we went into the break still in the top 6 and we did (albeit by the skin of our teeth) Fulhams game in hand has been wiped out and they still trail by a point.

Barnsley were unlucky at S6 last year but have since lost players and despite not appearing to suffer at first they have dipped in form since, this is a derby though and form is not usually a barometer, our record against them has been excellent in recent years and if we can get the likes of Hutch, Wallace and FF back in the fold it should continue. Fulham play Rotherham next which is almost a guarenteed 3 points this season so a win for us is vital.

0-2

We have been severely hampered with injuries to important players since November and it was clear Loovens and Lees weren't really fit on Friday night...

The only real hope we have of getting a top six finish is that the likes of Hutchinson and Forestieri can stay fit for the last 8 or so games...

An on form Wednesday can beat anyone in this league,but the on -form Wednesday have been seen on very few occasions this season....no second chances at this stage,we have to get a run of wins together in the remaining games ...but that performance on v Reading didn't inspire anyone..

On Friday's form...we'll get nothing at Barnsley....get players fit and we have a chance.

we"ve used up our get out of jail cards now. must win at Barnsley and Rotherham ,otherwise we"ll get what we deserve nowt.

Just seen on The Star website that Carlos expects 4 missing players to back for the Barnsley game,

It's probably 4 who don't play anyway.

Sorry for being a bit cynical, but that's how I feel regarding 'missing' and 'injured' players.

Some are 'fit' on Thursday after an injury, but when Saturday comes, they're back injured again.

I'm sure Hooper was declared almost fit a month ago?

Sorry for being a bit cynical, but that's how I feel regarding 'missing' and 'injured' players.

Some are 'fit' on Thursday after an injury, but when Saturday comes, they're back injured again.

He played an hour in a development match and then vanished again.

Yep. It's all very strange.

Abdi as well.

When did he get injured, and how badly was he injured?

We don't mess around with being injured for a week, we go all the way.

I understand Kieron's injury. He's been playing with a dodgy knee for months, (and a great job he made of it as well).

I WILL be glad when he's back.

Yep. It's all very strange.

Abdi as well.

When did he get injured, and how badly was he injured?

We don't mess around with being injured for a week, we go all the way.

I understand Kieron's injury. He's been playing with a dodgy knee for months, (and a great job he made of it as well).

I WILL be glad when he's back.

We really need the big three of FF, Hutch and Wallace back for the Barnsley game, any others would be a bonus.

Yep. Some moan about 'em when they're playing, but it's clear we miss them when they're out.

I just crave consistency. If we get that, we'll be fine.

Consistently great, or good, that is, we need to get rid of our recent poor run of results.

Enjoy your local Derby Lads.

Enjoy your local Derby Lads.

Nice contribution...:huh:

No idea what your getting at though...:help:

---------- Post added 21-03-2017 at 13:24 ----------

It's a bizarre situation all round..we have a player in Hutchinson who retired due to injury and yet since he's been at Wednesday,he has,in the main,kept relatively fit to the point of arguably being Player of The Year this season...and yet the likes of Abdi and Hooper can't seem to get fully fit or fit at all...

I'm not suggesting they are faking injuries,but its frustrating to have such important players out for lengthy periods and no sign of them coming back...

Edited by Sheridan1-0

Nice contribution...:huh:

No idea what your getting at though...:help:

---------- Post added 21-03-2017 at 13:24 ----------

It's a bizarre situation all round..we have a player in Hutchinson who retired due to injury and yet since he's been at Wednesday,he has,in the main,kept relatively fit to the point of arguably being Player of The Year this season...and yet the likes of Abdi and Hooper can't seem to get fully fit or fit at all...

I'm not suggesting they are faking injuries,but its frustrating to have such important players out for lengthy periods and no sign of them coming back...

some are just like it, look at Rudi back in the day lol, mr sicknote if i remember right?