1 in, one agreed pending medical, and then possibly..

Let me start with the possible.

Jay Bothroyd, for 1 million has been at Hillsborough today, however that is only a potential signing and I don't know anything about if this guy is signing or not. We can only hope as he has undoubted class.

Then we go to the "agreed pending a medical" in the morning, Danny Mayor from Preston who was the shining light on the wing when we played them last season. On his day a great winger who has an eye for goal. A fee has been agreed and he is having a medical in the morning. £200,000 with addons for appearances and promotion.

Then, we have signed Paul Corry for £75,000 who has been a prolific scoring central midfielder for UCD and has been courted by a few teams higher up the footballing world then Wednesday are right now.

So....watch out before kick off on Saturday, we will get a few exciting additions announced.

It's good to be an Owl right now.

Is the £1m for Bothroyd the figure that's been quoted in the press/rumours, or your opinion of his value? Was he the one rumoured to be part of the swap for Madine?

As for the others, Mayor didn't play at the Lane, and did little (apart from one mazy run that Monty stopped) when we battered them 4-2 away... 'great winger' is pushing it based on one performance at S6, but he may do the job Treacy did in providing competition with JJ? Certainly not any better than you already have on the wings.

Never heard of Paul Corry at all, and I expect very few on here had until you just mentioned him - low risk for that price for someone who may be no better than a Lowe, presumably he's to be in the development squad? Certainly not a signing to make you get carried away... unless he's the next Shane Long!

Now if Bothroyd signs, that is a good signing at that level and he should be expected to get near 20 goals, in the all new ultra attacking owls team. :) Proven quality at that level (unlike the other two you mentioned). £1m though - is this the sign of intent for promotion from the Serb we've all been waiting to see?

Mayor has played quite a few more games then against your lot.

Quite a lot more infact, for his age and indeed he was also being courted by some other clubs of higher current standing.

Corry is a central midfielder who has been free scoring over in Ireland and been in need of a higher challenge for about 12 months now.

Danny mayor had a great game against us at preston,would be happy if he performed that way every game [which he obviously wont] would love to get bothroyd but not at the expense of losing madine,paul corry i know nowt about.

Mayor has played quite a few more games then against your lot.

Quite a lot more infact, for his age and indeed he was also being courted by some other clubs of higher current standing.

Corry is a central midfielder who has been free scoring over in Ireland and been in need of a higher challenge for about 12 months now.

I didn't say he hadn't - just doing the same as you, basing what a 'great winger' he is on what you've personally seen... and for all that courting from better clubs, he went for yours instead - interesting...

Free scoring in Ireland is about L2 level at best...?

They may prove to be Owls legends, but not exactly earth shattering signings! If it'd been us that'd signed them you'd be saying similar things...

They are signings with potential.

I am so glad our manager hasn't had to come out on a radio interview and explain that players now have to leave to balance the books sharpish. That would be so down heartening for the fans to hear.

They are signings with potential.

I am so glad our manager hasn't had to come out on a radio interview and explain that players now have to leave to balance the books sharpish. That would be so down heartening for the fans to hear.

If you are a proper owls fan (and not just a bandwagon jumper when they started being half-decent again), you'll know well that this could happen to the owls again in the not too distant future - it's not like MM is going to be around forever is it... if you choose to ignore it that's upto you, but it's happened to you before, and now us... you were on the brink of oblivion before your sugar daddy arrived after all.

But anyway, signings with potential - like pretty much all signings...

As far as Wilson, I don't know why he feels he has to give the papers/radio new quotes every day or so... it's not like there's too much significant happening at the moment that needs comment, he should just bat them away and let the results do the talking, as he did at the start of last season.

Good luck to blades and owls in the new season :)

Dave Jones today told Paul Walker of Radio Sheffield that he knows of and likes Jay Bothroyd however the chances of signing him were highly unlikely so I don't know what your sources are but that has come straight from the horses mouth as such therefore i'm sure people are more likely to believe that ;)

All your rumours have come from this site by the look of it, I once had a look at United's page on the site and realised it to be complete and utter garbage!

http://www.sheffieldwednesdayrumours.co.uk/

PS: When you already have a "Sheffield Wednesday Rumours" thread, why did you feel the need to create a new one which again consists of rumours? :huh:

Dave Jones today told Paul Walker of Radio Sheffield that he knows of and likes Jay Bothroyd however the chances of signing him were highly unlikely so I don't know what your sources are but that has come straight from the horses mouth as such therefore i'm sure people are more likely to believe that ;)

All your rumours have come from this site by the look of it, I once had a look at United's page on the site and realised it to be complete and utter garbage!

http://www.sheffieldwednesdayrumours.co.uk/

PS: When you already have a "Sheffield Wednesday Rumours" thread, why did you feel the need to create a new one which again consists of rumours? :huh:

To be fair, there is a signing in there, they're not all rumours?

I bloody love Irish Football me, would welcome a UCD player all day long, great bunch of fellas...

I bloody love Irish Football me, would welcome a UCD player all day long, great bunch of fellas...

Is it on tv anywhere, can't say i've noticed it, but you do know your foreign football! :)

I didn't say he hadn't - just doing the same as you, basing what a 'great winger' he is on what you've personally seen... and for all that courting from better clubs, he went for yours instead - interesting...

Free scoring in Ireland is about L2 level at best...?

They may prove to be Owls legends, but not exactly earth shattering signings! If it'd been us that'd signed them you'd be saying similar things...

The 'great' Brian Deane was L2 at one time, and so was the much, much better Kevin Keegan ......... and Ian Rush ................. and a good few others.

Don't try to shoot someone down before they've taken off.

Corry could well be a complete turkey, or another Ian Rush.

He could end up being as poor as Brian Deane, but we have to give players like this a go.