1 in, one agreed pending medical, and then possibly..

Just noticed on BBC website that one of their reporters has tweeted that we've signed "wonderkid" Ross Barkley on loan from Everton Anybody know anything about him?

http://twitter.com/philmcnulty

I think he's the kid that was heavily praised/focused on, on Match of the Day one night.

from my recollection he did have a stormer of a game and looked like a real start but there are two obvious questions: Why are Everton letting him go out on loan and Has he only had the one decent game.

On the basis of what I saw he looked brilliant, however why are they letting him go out on loan?

No-one's getting carried away? you should read some of your fellow owls posters perhaps!

I wasn't intending to claim any 'I told you so' if they turn out to be legends, but if you interpret it that way, fine. Just that there was hardly a clamour to sign Corry or Mayor on here, and if neither signed you wouldn't have been bothered at all. They're squad signings, not likely to be automatic starters anytime soon.

As I also said the Bothroyd signing would be a good one, and clearly Antonio is a good signing for Wednesday (regardless of only proving himself so far in L1), because he's a talisman for the owls fans - he's not lost a game for the owls yet, and without him they don't look anywhere near as dangerous. Clearly too good for L1, and could yet do the same in the Championship.

Hope you enjoy the new season - and don't feel singled out with the 'ignore' comment, i've had about 10 owls on ignore most of the summer :hihi: Just saves getting involved in pages of petty stuff - too old for that now:)

Up the blades - good luck owls too.

Can't argue with that Sheff.

Have a good season yourself.

We're all Sheffield aren't we? :thumbsup:

Just noticed on BBC website that one of their reporters has tweeted that we've signed "wonderkid" Ross Barkley on loan from Everton Anybody know anything about him?

http://twitter.com/philmcnulty

Don't want to pour water on your bonfire, but the BBC are a bit too free with the term "wonderkid", I mean Danny Cadamateri & Jeffers, neither of them proved anything, just a thought :)

I do hope this is not a forbear of the season to come.

Awful first half. Not at the races. Woke up second half and JJ had one of his games where he worked hard - do hope he keeps that up. I fear we may not be allowed to get back in games though if we keep doing this - as we said the other night. Feeling relief more than anything. Looking forward to seeing COG's goal, not on Wednesday Player yet.

Please Utd got a win for you Bypass and Longy should enjoy his weekend away with 3 points to kick off with.