'I Hate Football' New book by Sheffield Wednesday Fan

had ronnie's book since it came out.....next time you see him ask him if the dolphin story is making the 70s section....yes in those days if there was nothing better to do...we'd jump in the bus on a cold tuesday night and have a trip with our red mates to see just how the other half lived....

and get upto no good..........my mum loved that dolphin...

i'll ask him mate. i met him last saturday to get a signed copy for someone for chrimbo so splashed out and got myself one. problem is i got drunk saturday and gave the book to someone to save for me and i've forgot who. :(

i'll ask him mate. i met him last saturday to get a signed copy for someone for chrimbo so splashed out and got myself one. problem is i got drunk saturday and gave the book to someone to save for me and i've forgot who. :(

that's what happens when you spend time in the company of mr sharp.....does he still reside in dronfield......one of sheffield's football legends...but dont tell him that

Hard life being a football fan - Sheffield Star interviews 'I Hate Football' author John Firth http://bit.ly/7VzAOF http://bit.ly/3VdjYs

Are you a relative or just on commission? ;)

I'm sure the book is a good read, obviously from the point of a Wednesdayite it'll be fantastic... I might just put it in my Xmas list. :thumbsup:

Edited by Lestat

that's what happens when you spend time in the company of mr sharp.....does he still reside in dronfield......one of sheffield's football legends...but dont tell him that

i think so mate.. the coaches he ran to away games in the 70's were legendary. spot the ball tkts for a sp**ff 1st prize. and strippers on the bus providing extras for an extra shilling. imagine that these days.

Sharpy is still in dronfield, just down the road from the contact club.

He actually lives next to Mick Gee who's family are fanatical wednesday fans.

Can you remember when him and Alan Windle were in that group, "like ice like fire" they had their record on every pub juke box in sheffield.

Edited by alex3659

i think so mate.. the coaches he ran to away games in the 70's were legendary. spot the ball tkts for a sp**ff 1st prize. and strippers on the bus providing extras for an extra shilling. imagine that these days.

I believe they still use shillings in some East Afrcan countries, although no idea if the females there still generally walk around naked from the waist up.

You must have spend a complete week's wages during a trip to the Dell or Fratton Park then !

On trips to Pompey, did the Strippers do a bit of mid-day-lighting for sailors on leave, whilst the match was on, or practice the "basic instinct" technique on opposition strikers?

That would have been a good way of subsidising your travel costs as well.

Edited by geocol
add Pompey