A-level results day 2018

90% of all MPs have attended university, that does not reflect society, but it is an indicator that attending university does get you to the top.

A* and A,s mean nothing now nearly all get them, exams are dumbed down from when we took them, its all to do with inclusiveness, same with soft degrees, nobody does the work anymore.

Except that's not true is it.

My son got A* in Maths and Physics, and one other, and the course content was very similar to that which I studied 30 years ago.

Edited by Bargepole23

90% of all MPs have attended university, that does not reflect society, but it is an indicator that attending university does get you to the top.

You reckon being an MP is "the top"?

You reckon being an MP is "the top"?

We all come on here to discuss what we should do to this country, surely 90% of posters on here would love to be able to actually do something, instead of just talk.

We all come on here to discuss what we should do to this country, surely 90% of posters on here would love to be able to actually do something, instead of just talk.

Its actually quite easy to become an MP if you are willing to put the hours in and shut yourself off from all viewpoints other "my political party is the best".

Its actually quite easy to become an MP if you are willing to put the hours in and shut yourself off from all viewpoints other "my political party is the best".

Hmmm... :huh:

... I didn't realise that there was so many MP's on SF. :suspect:

Why would it bother me? Hes worked very hard and Im really proud of him. I also find it quite offensive that you feel the need to demean his (and every other student that did wells) achievement.

Hes doing Chemical Engineering at Uni by the way, he didnt fancy Sheep Shearing.

Well done to your son and of course you should feel proud. Doing the course my son did, albeit a few years ago, so a few more years of hard work to come!! But, hopefully, with the same excellent outcome. Good luck.