Box set and binge viewing megathread.

Just finished watching The Staircase series on Netflix. A true-life documentary following the trial of Michael Peterson for murdering his wife who he claims fell down the stairs. I had heard of the case but the series is excellent in that you find your (or I did) sympathy change or at least be very challenged. I couldn't stand the bloke at first and don't think I'll ever be a fan but, see what you think...

Snowfall , season 1

I love this show! It's an account of the coming of crack cocaine to America, story covers CIA involvement

in Nicaragua war in 1980 s, cocaine trade and the beginning of the crack epidemic in South Central LA.

If you like shows like Narcos, El Chapo, The Wire etc. watch this.

Dark Tourist.

The host David Farrier (New Zealands Louis Theroux!) travels all over the world to visit famous murder scenes, meet 'real' vampires, attend an exorcism, to swim in a lake formed by a nuclear blast etc etc.

I find stuff like this fascinating so Im really enjoying this.

I was given the box set of 'Dexter' as a retirement present from my colleagues. It's about a good serial killer who only kills murderers. My hero.

Dark Tourist.

The host David Farrier (New Zealands Louis Theroux!) travels all over the world to visit famous murder scenes, meet 'real' vampires, attend an exorcism, to swim in a lake formed by a nuclear blast etc etc.

I find stuff like this fascinating so Im really enjoying this.

Got halfway through this series last night, very good, I like the host David he is very down to earth and funny at times. Some weirdos in this show that's for sure . lol

Not sure if anyone else has recommended this, but Deadwood is amazing.

About ten years old, it's a series about cowboy-types living in a town that hasn't yet become a part of America. God digging, swearing, honour, politics, gun firing and the actor who played Lovejoy as a powerful, Machiavellian saloon owner called Al Swearengen. Pretty intelligently done with great storylines and memorable characters.

Anyone watching "Preacher" (Amazon prime), weird as a very weird thing but good with it, now on 3rd season

Also one that was recommended to me, "Happy" (Netflix), again it's weird as, but well worth a watch imo

About ten years old, it's a series about cowboy-types living in a town that hasn't yet become a part of America. God digging, swearing, honour, politics, gun firing and the actor who played Lovejoy as a powerful, Machiavellian saloon owner called Al Swearengen. Pretty intelligently done with great storylines and memorable characters.

Wasn't Al Pacino in that series, or am I thinking of something else?

Wasn't Al Pacino in that series, or am I thinking of something else?

That's something else I think.

And apparently they're making a movie to finish the story (assuming they can get all the actors back)

https://variety.com/2018/tv/news/deadwood-movie-hbo-1202883965/

---------- Post added 02-08-2018 at 20:01 ----------

Anyone watching "Preacher" (Amazon prime), weird as a very weird thing but good with it, now on 3rd season

Also one that was recommended to me, "Happy" (Netflix), again it's weird as, but well worth a watch imo

I find Preacher frustrating. It has some good characters and the angels in the motel scene in S1 was brilliant but for some reason I just don't enjoy it as much as I should.

Happy! is definitely weird but was a lot of fun to watch.

It's been quite a good year for properly weird TV shows.

I thought Deadwood looked amazing, the recreation of the Western town is fantastic, I just found it very dull.

I thought Deadwood looked amazing, the recreation of the Western town is fantastic, I just found it very dull.

Yep, I thought the same.

Co-incidentally, Series 2 of WestWorld has gone exactly the same way.