Owls forced to slash Hillsborough capacity

Guest sibon

Hmm. Thanks for that.

Point 1: I'd say that 35 485 was quite close to a sell out.

Point 2: Your admirable source has missed out the 2012 derby. The attendance was 36 384.

Point3: It has missed quite a few other games too. Most notably Boxing Day 79:D

Not exactly the firmest evidence to rest your case on. Full marks for trying to use Google though.

You've not averaged 30,000 for nearly fifty years, were are all these potential supporters coming from?

---------- Post added 13-04-2017 at 22:40 ----------

http://www.11v11.com/teams/sheffield-wednesday/tab/stats/option/attendances/

United averaged even less but still managed 30,000 for your one season back in the premier league. Football is now a different beast since the last time we where in the premier league and average attendances are up, 35,000-40,000 is a good (achievable) average should we go up (if we have the capacity)

We are looking at return to the premier league with potential averages of 35,000-40,000, we have to act on this one quickly.

Unfortunately SAG and SYP seem to have it in for Wednesday at the moment and as top said, they appear to be over zealous.

If truth be told I think Mr Chansiri favours a move to new premises as opposed to re-development and I think he may have a point. History and sentiment aside, we need to move on although it will hurt.

I can't ever see SAG and SYP ever changing their attitudes towards SWFC regarding

the past history.

My train of thought to overcome this issue would be the following.

(1).Demolish the West Stand completely and rebuild a new Stand, then the central tunnel where the tragedy occurred would not exist, obviously.

Everytime i walk into the ground from the Kop End and look across to the West Stand

I get a rather melancholy feeling of it being haunted.

The memories of that sad day will never diminish but surely one does'nt have to be

reminded of it every home match.

(2).To move to a new Stadium.

Personally i would prefer to stay at Hillsborough.

The capacity used to be around 39,800 and now reduced twice to 33,800.

With the West Stand in its present entirety and the Premier League looming

i can't see the capacity ever reaching around 40,000 or above again.

Hmm. Thanks for that.

Point 1: I'd say that 35 485 was quite close to a sell out.

Point 2: Your admirable source has missed out the 2012 derby. The attendance was 36 384.

Point3: It has missed quite a few other games too. Most notably Boxing Day 79:D

Not exactly the firmest evidence to rest your case on. Full marks for trying to use Google though.

Seriously ? You're entertaining a troll account created in 2010 with every single post they've made in the last 3 weeks ? Ignore time :)

what was their attendance in their play off semi V yeovil,15300 or so, embarassing or what?

Seriously ? You're entertaining a troll account created in 2010 with every single post they've made in the last 3 weeks ? Ignore time :)

Are you the forums Sheffield Football copper?