Rhodes - is he really needed ?

short memory matey!!!!

Loads of my OWLS mates have stated their overspending in the not so long ago.

Oh Apart from you:thumbsup::thumbsup:

If your mates are spending £500 and earning £450 then they're overspending.

Chansiri has spent ...? ?40m? And is has a bank balance well in excess of this.

You should hope the Prince is as passionate and generous about "his" club.

I hope I`m free to comment on your owls topic like many of you do on other teams topics whilst its free to comment.

Do you feel that overspending on loads of money is a good thing as you nearly went into administration last time??

Good managers tend to get success by buying good players whilst slotting them into a team like a jigsaw puzzle.

Its not a good thing if he has... Who says he has ?

10m is the going rate for top end players in the Championship, crazy as it sounds

Its not a good thing if he has... Who says he has ?

10m is the going rate for top end players in the Championship, crazy as it sounds

You can only overspend if you haven't got the money in the first place, our chairman clearly has and has done whats needed keeping within the FFP rules.

Groundbait...............................

The world's best managers have all spent many, many millions to achieve their successes.

Guardiola and Mourhino to mention just two.

This obsession with Wednesday spending millions is getting very tedious.

Spending, it seems to me, is relative.

If you've got £80m and spend £8m, or you've got £800,000 and spend 'only £80,000, it's all the same.

Thank God we haven't got the need, or the money to spend £95m on a player.

All the prices and wages are obscene.

Good players are always needed. The time to change is when better players come along.

Rhodes' goalscoring record is up there with the best in the country.

Either he's doing summat wrong, or Wednesday are.

CC will fathom it out, and I expect Rhodes to become a major threat again.

It could be next season, but it will come.

Groundbait...............................

Good players are always needed. The time to change is when better players come along.

Rhodes' goalscoring record is up there with the best in the country.

Either he's doing summat wrong, or Wednesday are.

CC will fathom it out, and I expect Rhodes to become a major threat again.

It could be next season, but it will come.

Try hemp and casters they,ll be shoaling up ready to bite.:hihi:

You can only overspend if you haven't got the money in the first place, our chairman clearly has and has done whats needed keeping within the FFP rules.

I think people look at the price tag, but his goal record is 2nd to none.

I think people look at the price tag, but his goal record is 2nd to none.

If united are struggling next year or do well and are just outside play offs or an automatic spot, will their fans protest if they then spent a good portion of the Prince's money to achieve promotion or to avoid relegation?

Or said on another thread that united fans seem to have developed little man syndrome.

If united are struggling next year or do well and are just outside play offs or an automatic spot, will their fans protest if they then spent a good portion of the Prince's money to achieve promotion or to avoid relegation?

Or said on another thread that united fans seem to have developed little man syndrome.[/quote

I think they're just using it as a stick to beat Wednesday, ignoring the fact that we're in different leagues so our budget and the budget of those we're playing is bound d to be bigger

I don't think you can say Rhodes isn't needed. He's a class player for the Championship and could do well in the Premiership too in my opinion.

If you are in the play off final and the ball hits him and goes in the net and you win... he would certainly be worth it.

I wouldn't say no to him to be honest. You do have the best forward line outside the PL.

Im just grateful we have a Chairman who is willing to spend 8 or 10 million on a striker and take the risk

Maybe when the Liverpool type investment kicks in our friends and neighbours will have the same problem

The only issue for me will be If we get promoted will he be suitable for the Premier league , his record in The Championship is fantastic so over a full season he would prove his worth there .