Sheff United get their long awaited promotion

I'm not sure Wilder's decisions are a gamble to be honest.

He seems to know what he's doing.

its always a gamble whether you know or not, getting the right player, sometimes it works sometimes not

What worries me is the number of goals we shipped this season. If we don't strengthen the defence, we might find ourselves in trouble.

Midfield should survive nicely.

Perhaps the addition of another proven striker would give us the firepower needed up front.

I'd be against wholesale changes because it takes time to gel, it's expensive and I honestly don't think we need it.

Just my two penneth.

I'd be against wholesale changes because it takes time to gel, it's expensive and I honestly don't think we need it.

Yep. This is how I'd go about it. You'll know after 15 - 20 games if you're up for it or not. The January window could be your time?

Yep. This is how I'd go about it. You'll know after 15 - 20 games if you're up for it or not. The January window could be your time?

Genuinely hope we're not struggling in January !!

What worries me is the number of goals we shipped this season. If we don't strengthen the defence, we might find ourselves in trouble.

Midfield should survive nicely.

Perhaps the addition of another proven striker would give us the firepower needed up front.

Just my two penneth.

I think 3 quality new players would be fine,primarily,I would like to see a defensive midfield player.We don't have a player who can do that job at the moment,except maybe Basham,but we need more quality for that role,to protect the defence and break up attacks.We are going to be doing more defending,especially away from home,so I think we can't impose our game so much as we do now in some games,maybe have to go more 4-5-1 in some games,and at times during games.

Improve the spine of the team a bit more.

A defender, a couple of more pacey midfielders and a striker.

Finally the Blades have done it. Promotion out of League One. Very well deserved!

congrats to sheffield united. great job! very happy about this. onward and upward!

Yes...the one who loved the Blades.

That is football love and we all know how quick that changes....

Well done to them Blades.

I think Utd will survive in the championship, look at Barnsley.

Now do us Owls want to get battered every week in the Premiership or be taking six points off Utd :hihi::hihi::hihi:

Edited by Treeman893

Well done to them Blades.

I think Utd will survive in the championship, look at Barnsley.

Now do us Owls want to get battered every week in the Premiership or be taking six points off Utd :hihi::hihi::hihi:

Getting battered by United !!

Seems odd to be talking about what we'll require or how we'll perform in the Championship when we still have a handful of games left this season.

If after a number of games we clearly need players coming in I'd be concerned about what money will be available to invest in improving the squad.

What is the attitude of the "Prince" to spending, how wealthy is he and what would be his willingness to commit ?

Ideally our current squad will be sufficient.

Seems odd to be talking about what we'll require or how we'll perform in the Championship when we still have a handful of games left this season.

If after a number of games we clearly need players coming in I'd be concerned about what money will be available to invest in improving the squad.

What is the attitude of the "Prince" to spending, how wealthy is he and what would be his willingness to commit ?

Ideally our current squad will be sufficient.

Problem can be two-fold: make too few changes and we may be vulnerable in certain areas. Make too many and it takes time for the team to gel.

It's a difficult balancing act but I'm sure Chris Wilder has already thought that one through.