Transferring photographs from digital camera card to computer.

I've copied photos over dozens of times as, when I've inserted card in reader a screen display pops up including options to 'burn'. Then you copy over those photos which you want. This time however, I can't get the screen display giving me the options. The computer is ignoring the card reader. Any ideas welcome as to how to initiate the 'burn' screen display.

TRy control panel then look in default programs

You can try the Microsoft Autoplay Repair Wizard,

"The Microsoft AutoPlay Repair Wizard scans your computer devices to find defective AutoPlay settings, and attempts to fix those it finds."

I do not have enough posts to give you the link but if you google it is on Microsofts site.

Can anybody please help me? I've got a problem with my digital camera (olympus), the pictures are showing as being on the camera, but when I come to transfer on to the PC, it's just showing that there are 8 pictures on there and only transfering 8 picutres over, even thought there's probably about 40 odd pics on there - has anybody had this before or anybody suggest anything - don't say new camera!!Thank you!

RazorMermaid - how are you transferring the pictures across?

Using a card reader or connecting the camera up direct?

Are you using the software that came with the camera, the Microsoft wizard or Windows Explorer (assuming a Windows operating system)?

Thanks for your reply. We've had the software setup for 2 years now on the PC, so we just plug the camera in and off we go, never had a problem until.....I was deleting all the pictures before Christmas and somehow (never been able to do it before) I've accidentally wiped all of the camera clean of pics, then took 8 that day, then after that all the rest show up on the camera, but the camera still shows that there is 8 on there, but the rest never transfer. I wondering if I've pressed something, but I don't know what as to be honest, there's not really a great deal to press. Have you any ideas? Thank you

There's various software for recovering files from a memory card if that's what it uses. If you can do that it's best to reformat the card in the camera once you've transferred the ones you want :)

Your camera MAY have its own internal memory as well as memory on a removeable card.

You may just be downloading from one area of the memory but viewing all the memory on the camera,

What is the model number of your Olympus?

Thanks that's great news, don't know what software it would be do you (sorry total camera nerd here - I just point and press and try to download!)

Thanks for your help.

I'll have a look when I get in and let you know as I don't know off hand. My husband was going on about it having an internal memory but I'm not sure how I would get in there. I'll be in touch later. Thank you

Once you let me know what model it is I can look on the net for the manual and we can take it from there, you never know we may have some luck.

No rush, I come and go.