More PIP delays

Just heard a very worrying bit of information on Radio 4's 'Money Box' programme (Midday, 9th June) I only caught a snatch of it so could have got it wrong so anyone interested might do well to listen to the podcast.

Apparently new guidelines for PIP were issued 4 months ago, but have not yet been implemented, which means anyone undergoing an appeal etc. might be judged by the old goalposts. The man being interviewed said more likely it meant that appeals may not have been looked at for 4 months and therefore delayed even longer.

More worrying (and this is the bit I might have got wrong,) people who had sent in appeals and been refused, were not being notified of the decision, so were left hanging in midair, still waiting hopefully.

Also a discussion about the time it takes to talk to anyone on the phone for information, some people waiting hours. All due to cuts, pressure, blah, blah, blah

I don't need to tell you what I think about the all this.

As a friend said, 'Social Services has been replaced with 'hold' music.'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0b5qgp0

It appears to be manly concerned with those claiming for mental health issues, four months ago the DWP were taken to court over there refusal to award pip to the mentally ill, The DWP did not contest the court case leaving the door open for people to claim. However since that court case 4 months ago the DWP still haven't updated their rules and Regs. so all claimants are still being assessed with the old rules.

It also stated that no one would be paid before the END OF SUMMER if they are entitled, however those that fail or are not entitled to an increase will NOT BE INFORMED of that decision.

Personally I think I'd re-apply it I hadn't heard anything after a couple of months, and re-apply again if i'm ignored, I can't see any rules saying you can only apply once.