The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

As the previous thread is now so huge and as the negotiations have started we will have a new thread.

The way things are going you will need an entire forum to discuss Brexit ! So the battle lines are drawn EU Vs UK should be be interesting.

There will be a lot of disappointment I suspect, This is when reality will set in for the Brexitiers. But it's ok because we have taken back control, I am looking forward to the £350m the NHS is going to get per week, Go Micheal Go ;)

If it's anything like police academy 4, this thread will be unfunny, stereotypical and lack the smut of the first one.

There will be a lot of disappointment I suspect, This is when reality will set in for the Brexitiers. But it's ok because we have taken back control, I am looking forward to the £350m the NHS is going to get per week, Go Micheal Go ;)

Only 2 posts and bus has been mentioned.

As a reminder watch C4 at 2250 wife swap brexit special. Hand picked for perfect C4 type crap.

As a reminder watch C4 at 2250 wife swap brexit special. Hand picked for perfect C4 type crap.

Whats C4 Crap got to do with it? I'm going on the advert that used to be on after Look Leeds, where if you take you're mam to the walk in centre while still in the EU you're waiting forever and a day, but outside of the EU you're in and out in no time, because they will have this extra £350m a week to build new hospital's and employ stacks of nurses and Doctors. I take my mam to the walk in centre so cant wait.

It has started well...

After almost a year of chest beating from both sides, the UK and EU finally sat down today to begin negotiations over Brexit - and Brussels drew first blood.

When Theresa May triggered the formal Brexit process in March through her Article 50 letter, she was clear: the future trade arrangement should be discussed alongside the terms of Britain’s departure:

“We believe it is necessary to agree the terms of our future partnership alongside those of our withdrawal from the EU.”

The EU rejected that proposal, arguing the divorce bill needed to be settled before negotiations on trade could begin.

Brexit Secretary David Davis doubled down on the UK’s position in May, predicting discussions over timetabling would be the “row of the summer.”

Yet after a few hours of talks in Brussels today, the row was averted, with Britain seemingly giving in.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/david-davis-brexit-michel-barnier_uk_594809d4e4b0cddbb00887ba

Zzzzzzzzzzzzz.......

Zzzzzzzzzzzzz.......

Indeed, going for some of them in a minute, you messed up and you know it :hihi: Hope you've got a stack of cash, are mortgage free and are highly skilled in a trade where there is a shortage. You're going to need it. Enjoy :)

There are no surprises here. The EU has the best hand and is also the banker.

It isn't a case of revenge or punishment, it's simply a case of standard business practice.

Pragmatism will hopefully rule and the EU will do a deal with us, it will however be a deal which suits the EU.

The other 27 members of the worlds wealthiest and most successful Trade Bloc tend to be in agreement that it's a good thing to be in the club.

They will have no problem agreeing a deal which suits them, if it also suits us then that's a bonus, for us.

On the other hand, if we are looking for a deal which benefits us and is to the detriment of the other 27 members why would they give it to us?

It isn't a case of negotiating from a position of equal strength, it's simply a fact that we will have to take what we are offered, hopefully we have some products/services that other members are prepared to offer concessions in order to continue to receive.

The BBC's political editor Laura Kuennsberg is being a little hyperbolic in saying " The row won't happen because it seems the UK has already given in ".

It was obvious to anyone able to look at the situation logically, and without jingoistic nonsense clouding their judgement that we are in no position to demand anything.

Certain things will ( hopefully ) work out in our favour, but the majority of the negotiations will work out in favour of the EU.

That's they way the world works however unfairly it may seem.

When Britain was the top dog we took full advantage, why do we now think it should be different?

Guest sibon
There are no surprises here. The EU has the best hand and is also the banker.

Not quite.

We have the best football team in Europe and a big pile of quantitatively eased pounds to bargain with.

Even the Tories can't mess this one up.

yes very predictable, however, did the bus really say that?

---------- Post added 20-06-2017 at 00:09 ----------

Not quite.

We have the best football team in Europe and a big pile of quantitatively eased pounds to bargain with.

Even the Tories can't mess this one up.

be nice if the player were for here too