What type of job would suit this skill set??

I agree with Mr Robot on the premis that a high IQ on a CV is better than the alternative that might be no/very little GCSE certificates to show.

We are talking about a young adult who we want to show is very employable in certain fields, he is not learning disabled but is a different thinker which actually can bring something to the table that others might not be able to do so intuitively.

Having an alternative CV is much better than one that is unable to meet typical expectations.

One of my favourite stories is an autistic young man went to a university interview for a fashion course in a home-made cape.

They were so pleased with his creativity that he was promised a place regardless of his results.

Some people welcome a different approach and if they don't I don't think they would be the right employer for my son anyway. More fool them.

Yes, because a Mensa score is a requirement nowadays......:loopy:

I never said it was :loopy:

I agree with Mr Robot on the premis that a high IQ on a CV is better than the alternative that might be no/very little GCSE certificates to show.

We are talking about a young adult who we want to show is very employable in certain fields, he is not learning disabled but is a different thinker which actually can bring something to the table that others might not be able to do so intuitively.

Having an alternative CV is much better than one that is unable to meet typical expectations.

One of my favourite stories is an autistic young man went to a university interview for a fashion course in a home-made cape.

They were so pleased with his creativity that he was promised a place regardless of his results.

Some people welcome a different approach and if they don't I don't think they would be the right employer for my son anyway. More fool them.

The real alternative is to have a portfolio of work to prove that he can to the job or has the potential to. If you are going to show up with a piece of paper with number on it that has no credible meaning, then don't be disappointed if you get nowhere.

IQ means nothing, I was said to be in the top 3% with around 150 or something like that, but that never means anything on a CV, all they want to see is you have the paperwork to show you can do the job...

even if you don't have the paperwork, but have experience and the knowledge, most employers generally don't want to know, and won't offer a practical demonstration of your skills, without the relevant/required qualifications being on your CV

Having no GCSE's out of school, unfortunately isn't good - I left school with none (I had zero control over that happening, my school didn't do GCSE's for a start) - You might want to look into getting him through the National Literacy and Numeracy courses, to get an equivalent (it's exactly what I ended up doing) ( http://www.sqa.org.uk/sqa/58991.5246.html )

Look into online code-breaking challenges etc, to keep him practised, as for career paths, he might get lucky and land on a code breaking job for the MoD, or something along the lines of data analyst finding issues in databases or code etc...