Tramlines Festival - Hillsborough Park

Well I’ve received my email letting me know I’ve been successful in the resident’s tickets ballot so I shall be enjoying the festival for free and right on my door step too.

Think Tramlines has been a big con for years they ask to believe for years they didn't make any profit.

The move to Hillsborough has been a complete fix the badly published public meeting in my opinion was just a tick the box exercise with council officers there who have previously worked for tramlines. At no point during the meeting was there any mention of an application for 3 years being made.

We will see if the promised public access to the park will still be there.

:confused: conspiracies everywhere

Edited by nikki-red

Well I’ve received my email letting me know I’ve been successful in the resident’s tickets ballot so I shall be enjoying the festival for free and right on my door step too.

Yay us too

Guest makapaka

Why are tramlines finances and ownership of interest to anyone other than the owners? If you don’t like the way they run it dont go.

Why are tramlines finances and ownership of interest to anyone other than the owners? If you don’t like the way they run it dont go.

They're of big interest to other businesses in the City who received a certain notification.....that we aren't allowed to post on here as yet, for unspecified reasons.

They're also of interest to those who heard rumours the buyout was not being announced until approval of the move to Hillsborough had been granted, as the approval was far more likely to succeed on the basis of the event being run by a local company. The buyout then happened, as rumoured.

All the above are of a lot of interest to a lot of people, whether they choose to attend or not.

3 days in the park. The fair is there longer and no one gets free tickets to that. I'm not interested in going, but if Hillsborough park benefits then I'll be pleased. I'm also pleased for those residents who've applied for and got tickets.

It's an event. It's popularity will be marked by the ticket sales, like any other.

3 days in the park. The fair is there longer and no one gets free tickets to that. I'm not interested in going, but if Hillsborough park benefits then I'll be pleased. I'm also pleased for those residents who've applied for and got tickets.

It's an event. It's popularity will be marked by the ticket sales, like any other.

True. I think a lot of people's issues with it come from the difference between what it was, and what it is now. I don't even consider it the same thing- the only similarity is the name now.

It's sad it couldn't have kept going in it's original form, but there were issues with it, mainly financial ones.

Now we've got a highly commercial and marketable three day music festival, identical in form and lineup to many up and down the country. Nothing unique or special - just a music event that caters for one type of person.

That's fine, but I can see why people are sore about it. They just need to not get too angry, and acknowledge that 'Tramlines' is dead now.

True. I think a lot of people's issues with it come from the difference between what it was, and what it is now. I don't even consider it the same thing- the only similarity is the name now.

It's sad it couldn't have kept going in it's original form, but there were issues with it, mainly financial ones.

Now we've got a highly commercial and marketable three day music festival, identical in form and lineup to many up and down the country. Nothing unique or special - just a music event that caters for one type of person.

That's fine, but I can see why people are sore about it. They just need to not get too angry, and acknowledge that 'Tramlines' is dead now.

ive said it before ill say it again, youre lucky to still have one in any form, embrace it, once its gone its gone :(

Once upon a time we had a free music festival in Middlesbrough called Music live which i went to (in the earliest days, and then a couple of the later ones), it was spread through various pubs, clubs and places in the town centre.

Then they changed the name to "Intro" and started charging a bit more for entry

Then...........it vanished, and hasnt returned since :(

2011 was the last one i went to, mightve been the last one full stop i cant remember tbh

First one i went to was 2000 (and saw 4 bands (think there was only like one stage back then) including Kitachi and Eddi Reader)

ive said it before ill say it again, youre lucky to still have one in any form, embrace it, once its gone its gone :(

Once upon a time we had a free music festival in Middlesbrough called Music live which i went to (in the earliest days, and then a couple of the later ones), it was spread through various pubs, clubs and places in the town centre.

Then they changed the name to "Intro" and started charging a bit more for entry

Then...........it vanished, and hasnt returned since :(

2011 was the last one i went to, mightve been the last one full stop i cant remember tbh

First one i went to was 2000 (and saw 4 bands (think there was only like one stage back then) including Kitachi and Eddi Reader)

'Lucky' and 'embrace it, once it's gone it's gone' doesn't really apply does it, when it's a paid for ticket, sold by a business, for money?

I don't feel 'lucky' or have any desire to appreciate it before it goes - tickets are £90 and I don't like the lineup! Many do, but it's not for me.

If it was free, then yes I might feel lucky to have it, and I would try and appreciate it!

As it stands - it's like someone saying to me - "you're lucky to have a Gucci shop in your city, you should appreciate it, as once it's gone it's gone".

Good luck to them - but no need for appreciation!

'Lucky' and 'embrace it, once it's gone it's gone' doesn't really apply does it, when it's a paid for ticket, sold by a business, for money?

I don't feel 'lucky' or have any desire to appreciate it before it goes - tickets are £90 and I don't like the lineup! Many do, but it's not for me.

If it was free, then yes I might feel lucky to have it, and I would try and appreciate it!

As it stands - it's like someone saying to me - "you're lucky to have a Gucci shop in your city, you should appreciate it, as once it's gone it's gone".

Good luck to them - but no need for appreciation!

as i said, id like the option to go to one, but i cant, if you dont like the lineup fair enough.

What i dont like is the constant moaning about it, its a festival, its changed, it charges, and? at least you have one to have the option to go to.

trouble is most of these events used to be free but over the years do to more and more costs...and other expenditure these events have been the first to be knocked on the head by councils. im not sure on the history of tramlines wasnt it subsidised by the council originally? like others around the country were?

as i said, id like the option to go to one, but i cant, if you dont like the lineup fair enough.

What i dont like is the constant moaning about it, its a festival, its changed, it charges, and? at least you have one to have the option to go to.

trouble is most of these events used to be free but over the years do to more and more costs...and other expenditure these events have been the first to be knocked on the head by councils. im not sure on the history of tramlines wasnt it subsidised by the council originally? like others around the country were?

You could go to Tramlines this year? Not sold out!

Well as I said - it's the fact it's changed so much as to not even be the same thing that people are complaining about. If it was an entirely new event I'm sure no one would be annoyed really.

Yeah - council used to subsidise it. That stopped, so they charged, but still couldn't make the finances work, so something had to change.

It's fine - but people just need to stop associating this event with Tramlines as it was.

I'd say I'm a little annoyed by it, personally - simply because I used to enjoy Tramlines a lot. every year - and this year there's nothing. Spending all weekend in Hillsborough Park, watching bands I have no interest in, isn't the same thing for me, at all, so it's not so much about the money - more the fact the event offers nothing to people like myself and my friends, where once it was a really fun weekend. I'll miss the old Tramlines.

But that's fine- that's just my view. I'll go and do something else that weekend, and let those that like the idea of it have their fun.