Herries School

I Went to Herries from 1976 - 1981

Does anyone remember the Air Dome with it's air lock quite funny when it went down, cutting edge really if the vandals would have let it be...............

did not go to herries i went to chaucer around the same time but spent a lot of time with mates from herries loved the dome and playing football init we camped out 1 summer and finished up sleeping on top of the air dome instead of the tents pretty dangerous now i think about it some names for you to double. SHAMMY (ANY SHAMSON FAMILY MEMBER) Steve Moore,radish (radford) to name but 3 but like i said loads off us played togger (football) in the air dome didnt half make ya thirsty tho

by the way Sheffield Wednesday used a up to date dome now at middlewood training ground shows how far ahead herries was

Mack im a close friends of the shamsons (Dale) they aint changed hehehee

There air dome was the dogs <removed> good for smoking round the back of too :P lol

Edited by whitewitch
masked swearing

There air dome was the dogs <removed> good for smoking round the back of too :P lol

The kids at Parkwood now don't even bother hiding anymore. They just smoke outside the front entrance...

Edited by whitewitch
masked swearing in quote

i know iv spied em that school was bad enough when i went but id hate too go now seems horrid

Where is Herries School ? I went to Shirecliffe school & left in 1958, the only other school I remember was Longley, it must have been built after I left for Oz.

Hi Skippy I went to Shirecliffe School 1942-1949- I thought I was the only pupil 'cos it never has got mentioned here. Regards

shirecliffe school was herries school (comprehensive) dont know what year they changed it cos when my mum attended in the 70's it was shirecliffe school when i attended in the 90's is was herries comp school and shirecliffe school was the junior school behind it .. confused yet?? lol and just too add too confusion herries school is now parkwood high school after a so called revamp :)

Thanks for that Rachy, that makes sense.

Got to agree with you Nanrobbo, I must have taken your place, Ha Ha.

Miss Cox was head of the Junior school but I can't remember the head of senior- We moved and I finished my schooling at Shiregreen. Shirecliffe must have been built late 30's because it was a fairly modern school for those days.

nanrobbo, I have to agree with you yet again, Shirecliffe was well ahead of it's time, I moved from Crookes school with it's bitumen playground & not much else to Shirecliffe, where I did the last 3 years of my schooling.

I was amazed to find that it had it's own gym, woodwork & metalwork rooms, etc etc,not to mention the big playing fields, at Crookes we had to go to other schools in the area to use their facilities.

Things aint wot they use to be, but it looked the same when I went back for a wander in 1992.