Nationwide, Barker's Pool..

Can someone advise the sort code for the Nationwide branch in Barker's Pool, please?

Thanks in advance.

Go on, I'll bite: why would you need this? If you are paying money into an account, ask the person you are getting the account number from :D

From memory, Nationwide is one of those weird cases where sort codes are given out by type of account, and not by specific branch. Or at least it used to be.

For example, Nationwide give all FlexAccounts the same sort code (07-01-16 for debit card, 07-44-56 for cash card), regardless of which branch they were opened in.

The branch code is 0838 but that doesnt really mean much.

Edited by EmmaJones76

Go on, I'll bite: why would you need this? If you are paying money into an account, ask the person you are getting the account number from :D

From memory, Nationwide is one of those weird cases where sort codes are given out by type of account, and not by specific branch. Or at least it used to be.

For example, Nationwide give all FlexAccounts the same sort code (07-01-16 for debit card, 07-44-56 for cash card), regardless of which branch they were opened in.

The branch code is 0838 but that doesnt really mean much.

Bite away.

The answer is two-fold.

I have cash to pay into a third-party's account, and will also be arranging for a future direct debit transaction. The form asks for the (already known) account number and the branch sort code.

Bite away.

The answer is two-fold.

I have cash to pay into a third-party's account, and will also be arranging for a future direct debit transaction. The form asks for the (already known) account number and the branch sort code.

You may have to ask the third party for the sort code then, given my post above. Nationwide dont have a one branch = one sort code system.

Bit odd they have only given you half the info!

Edited by EmmaJones76

You may have to ask the third party for the sort code then, given my post above. Nationwide dont have a one branch = one sort code system.

Third party knows the account number, but nothing else.

Looks like I'm going to have to make a trip to Sheffield to sort.

Ta for your help, anyway...

Third party knows the account number, but nothing else.

Looks like I'm going to have to make a trip to Sheffield to sort.

Ta for your help, anyway...

Very strange. How can they not know their own sort code? Will be on their chequebook, statements, paperwork, maybe even the card (not sure if Nationwide do that)

Do they know the type of account it is? You will need to know that. Branch staff wont be able to tell you anything, Data Protection and all that.

Chances are if they have a debit card it is the aforementioned FlexAccount 07-01-16 one.

Very strange. How can they not know their own sort code? Will be on their chequebook, statements, paperwork, maybe even the card (not sure if Nationwide do that)

Do they know the type of account it is? You will need to know that. Branch staff wont be able to tell you anything, Data Protection and all that.

Chances are if they have a debit card it is the aforementioned FlexAccount 07-01-16 one.

Because the third party is 92 is the answer to the first part of your question, and in hospital as we speak. The relevant paperwork could be anywhere!

There's apparently more than one account - Flex is one of 'em, but guesswork as to the other account "types".

I see. You are going to be stuck then, a branch probably cant just give out account details, even the type of account, to anyone willy-nilly, unless there is some Power of Attorney (or similar) on there.

Had the account been with most other banks, you wouldnt be having an issue, hard luck.

And yes, as for the sort code, pick one from 28:

https://bank-code.net/uk-sort-code/bank/nationwide-building-society

Edited by EmmaJones76

I see. You are going to be stuck then, a branch probably cant just give out account details, even the type of account, to anyone willy-nilly, unless there is some Power of Attorney (or similar) on there.

Had the account been with most other banks, you wouldnt be having an issue, hard luck.

And yes, as for the sort code, pick one from 28:

https://bank-code.net/uk-sort-code/bank/nationwide-building-society

You're right - it's going to be a tricky one....

Depending on the condition of the recipient, you could go into hospital, telephone the bank, explain the situation and ask if they will take verbal instruction from the recipient to talk to you on their behalf.

Going into the branch may get a result, but officially they could be silent and invoke money laundering regulations etc.

I’ve just checked on my Nationwide cheque book and debit card. The sort code is on both.

Could you get hold of one of these from the recipient of your transaction?