Possible Amazon scam?

Hi peeps.

Im wanting an SSD.

Seen some one amazon that I quite like. One being a Samsung 850 Evo.

My issue is, one seller is offering the SSD for around half the price of anyone else.

Ive emailed them to confirm the price but no reply as yet.

Does it seem too good to be true?

buy it, and let me know if it arrives. I need one too.

me too! If it doesn't arrive or isn't what it says it is amazon should sort it out asap for you anyway..

Hi peeps.

Im wanting an SSD.

Seen some one amazon that I quite like. One being a Samsung 850 Evo.

My issue is, one seller is offering the SSD for around half the price of anyone else.

Ive emailed them to confirm the price but no reply as yet.

Does it seem too good to be true?

YES!! be careful, i got stung a couple of years back on an 8tb external, after about a month of waiting i did get my money back off amazon, but it does show there are sharks on there too now, if it looks too good it prolly is too good :(

Yes, definitely a case of buyer beware.

YES!! be careful, i got stung a couple of years back on an 8tb external, after about a month of waiting i did get my money back off amazon, but it does show there are sharks on there too now, if it looks too good it prolly is too good :(

Thank you Mel. After reading your post I took a closer look at the seller.

No feedback what so ever.

Based in China.

These are their details...

Business Name:hunanxinyuantangdianzishangwuyouxiangongsi

Trade Register Number:91430111MA4L90WL8F

Business Address:

shawanlu389haodonglanwanjiayuanerqi7dong204fangyuhuaqu

Seems fishier than Grimsby.

Thanks again matey. :thumbsup:

---------- Post added 04-05-2018 at 21:53 ----------

me too! If it doesn't arrive or isn't what it says it is amazon should sort it out asap for you anyway..

buy it, and let me know if it arrives. I need one too.

Cheers for the posts guys but Im following melthebell's advice on this one.

---------- Post added 04-05-2018 at 21:54 ----------

Yes, definitely a case of buyer beware.

The 850 Evo can be on the cheap side but you may also notice that the cheap ones on Amazon for around £45 are normally shipped from from China or Hong Kong, so yes be wary.

I bought a 250Gb one a while ago from Amazon that cost me £80 but that was fulfilled by Amazon and had a genuine Samsung guarantee. Maybe downsize to a 250 as you can pick one of them up for around £75. If you are a gamer then Currys have an offer of a 500Gb Evo 860 for £135 with a 5 year guarantee and a free digital download of the new FarCry 5 game. Better tech than an 850 with V-NAND 3bit MLC technology and a tad faster as well. But as usual.. it depends on what you want it for.:)

EDIT:

Sorry lost the post and had to rewrite it and then noticed you had posted...:)

Thank you Mel. After reading your post I took a closer look at the seller.

No feedback what so ever.

Based in China.

These are their details...

Business Name:hunanxinyuantangdianzishangwuyouxiangongsi

Trade Register Number:91430111MA4L90WL8F

Business Address:

shawanlu389haodonglanwanjiayuanerqi7dong204fangyuhuaqu

Seems fishier than Grimsby.

lol that name and number is quite a mouthful

but yeah im sure i even read some reviews and it looked ok and it still never existed

lol that name and number is quite a mouthful

Not quite such a mouthful if they'd bothered inserting spaces!

Húnán xīnyuántáng diànzǐ shāngwù yǒuxiàn gōngsī = Hunan Xinyuantang E-commerce Co., Ltd.

湖南鑫源堂电子商务有限公司

I've recently 'bought' a chair (around £300) from a Chinese reseller. It never arrived but they handily set the status to delivered. As I never took receipt of the product I raised a ticket with Amazon and eventually got refunded. So Amazon does protect you well, but be aware that there are scammers now and that it takes time and effort to get your money back.

I do quite a bit of shopping on Amazon, I've noticed over the last couple of years that you do have to be careful. Try to stick with sellers that are fulfilled by Amazon. It's getting a bit like ebay!

The 850 Evo can be on the cheap side but you may also notice that the cheap ones on Amazon for around £45 are normally shipped from from China or Hong Kong, so yes be wary.

I bought a 250Gb one a while ago from Amazon that cost me £80 but that was fulfilled by Amazon and had a genuine Samsung guarantee. Maybe downsize to a 250 as you can pick one of them up for around £75. If you are a gamer then Currys have an offer of a 500Gb Evo 860 for £135 with a 5 year guarantee and a free digital download of the new FarCry 5 game. Better tech than an 850 with V-NAND 3bit MLC technology and a tad faster as well. But as usual.. it depends on what you want it for.:)

EDIT:

Sorry lost the post and had to rewrite it and then noticed you had posted...:)

Cheers for that matey. At the moment my budget wont stretch to a 500gb so looks like Ill be sticking with the 250 :thumbsup:

---------- Post added 06-05-2018 at 13:12 ----------

I've recently 'bought' a chair (around £300) from a Chinese reseller. It never arrived but they handily set the status to delivered. As I never took receipt of the product I raised a ticket with Amazon and eventually got refunded. So Amazon does protect you well, but be aware that there are scammers now and that it takes time and effort to get your money back.

I do quite a bit of shopping on Amazon, I've noticed over the last couple of years that you do have to be careful. Try to stick with sellers that are fulfilled by Amazon. It's getting a bit like ebay!

Ive stumbled on a few vids today on YT and yeah, there are a few dodgy sellers on Amazon. Thanks for the tip though, from now on Ill try to make sure if I order anything that its fulfilled by Amazon :):)