University of Sheffield Accommodation

I've an unconditional offer at the University of Sheffield to study in September, I've accepted them as my first choice and now I need to think about which accommodation I want to choose to live in for the first year. I've had a look at Endcliffe student housing and also the Allen Court, and have heard extremely mixed reviews. I was 20 in January so am obviously a bit older than majority of the new students.

Obviously I don't want to be completely out of everything social-wise I like to go out, but from some of the stories I've heard of Uni I don't particularly fancy going out 'every single night' etc. Then again on the other hand, I wouldn't want to be one of those people who're stuck in accommodation with unsociable people who don't go out at all/communicate and regret being in that kind of student accommodation and not enjoy the first year of being at Sheffield.

All opinions are welcome/wanted as I'm feeling like the whole decision is a bit daunting:help:

Live in halls and don't be such a wet blanket.

Go out and have fun, you won't ever get that sort of chance again.

The question was more so which were the top recommended halls for the top experience lmao

You need to have a a look round a few. Standards vary. Wherever you stay, take photos of ANY damage such as stains, tears, missing paint as they WILL try to charge you for it at the end of the year. Also, if there are shared facilities such as kitchens, any damage caused will be your responsibility even if you were not present when it happened. Check the small print when making your decision.

The University s own accomodation tends to be a fair bit more expensive than privately provided.

In the last decade there's been about 11,000 bedspaces added in the St. Vincent's quarter next to the North campus.

TThe University s Smart Move website will be worth checking out,the only allow ads to go live once you have presented fire system ,gas and electrical certificates.