Paternoster Lift. Sheffield University's Arts Tower.

At last, something to be reasonably proud of in Sheffield.

Watching Look North last night about a report on Sheffield University's Arts Tower's iconic paternoster lift.

Apparently not only is it the largest, (highest presumably), paternoster lift in the world but the Arts Tower is the tallest university building in the UK.

Edited by Baron99
Misspelling

I went both over the top and under the bottom during my time at Uni. Sometimes if there was a big queue on the bottom floor to go up, it would be quicker to catch one on the way down and go round instead.

It was usually OK but I did get stuck once and had to climb out.

I remember during my graduation there was a reception on the tenth floor and my gran was a bit slow stepping off it and carried on up a few more floors before taking the leap.

Flippin dangerous , :gag:

A slow news day at Look North then, covering a lift that has been in a building for decades, truly top notch journalism.

A slow news day at Look North then, covering a lift that has been in a building for decades, truly top notch journalism.

'Slow'? I think 'stone cold dead' might be more accurate!

Remarkable that in a city the size of Sheffield, this is the nearest thing they could find to news!

'Slow'? I think 'stone cold dead' might be more accurate!

Remarkable that in a city the size of Sheffield, this is the nearest thing they could find to news!

Did they cover Niche being able to stay open? That was actual newsworthy news in Sheffield yesterday.

so look north is emerging from the dark ages! this lift is ONLY 40 years old. they will be reporting on one the sheffield football teams visiting wembley soon.

Look North tonight are leading with JFK being shot in Dallas, and the impact it will have on the Yorkshire region

It's weird. And it's an even weirder building.

No thank you.

It's weird. And it's an even weirder building.

No thank you.

My favourite post of the day.

Lol to you Emma, Paula4Sheff & Buddysbuddy.

Never thought of it like that. No mention of exactly why Look North were presenting the story? Thought it might have been the anniversary or maybe preservation of the lift?

Tonight's main story is a bloke called Huntsman has named a steel process, (whatever that is?), after the Crucible Theatre?

Edited by Baron99
Edit