Free event for those with coeliac disease, food allergies and intolerances

A leading gluten and wheat free expert is hosting a free event in Sheffield this month to help those with serious dietary problems.

The ‘Gluten Free World Day’, which is organised by Glutafin along with its sister brands, DS-gluten free and TRUfree, will come to Sheffield on Saturday 22 October to offer practical health and cooking advice for people with coeliac disease, food allergies and intolerances.

For the first time, the event at the Mercure Sheffield St Paul's Hotel and Spa will give visitors the chance to speak to dietitians on a one-to-one basis for expert advice on how to cope with their dietary problems.

The event will be split into two sessions during the day with a tasting session of new products and a cooking demonstration from the award-winning gluten and wheat free chef, Michael McCamley. Visitors will be taught how to create delicious free from dishes at home.

Rachel Jones, Healthcare Assistant Brand Manager for Glutafin, said: “It can be very difficult for people following a gluten and wheat free diet to keep up to date with new products and product improvements which are suitable for their diet and condition.

“This event will give people the opportunity to sample foods that are available on prescription from the Glutafin brand, along with the foods that are available in the supermarket from DS-gluten free and TRUfree.

“These events really help consumers find out more about how to experiment at meal times, and are packed with useful tips and ideas from our team of experts.

“We really enjoy speaking with people to hear what they think about our products. We also like to reward them, so anyone who has coeliac disease and comes along to the event will receive a free gluten free goody bag, exclusive money off vouchers and free recipe guides.”

Children are welcome to attend the event, and a specially created Kids Corner with arts and crafts is guaranteed to keep them amused. Plus, the little ones will also have the chance to sample the different foods on offer, and to decorate their own products.

For further information or to book a spot at either the morning (10am – 12.30pm) or afternoon (2.00pm – 4.30pm) session at the Gluten Free World Day event please call 0800 988 2470 or email [email protected] by 14 October 2011.

interesting, will bring my mum, whos recently been diagnosed with coeliacs

This is interesting, shame I have only just found out about it!

you should post this in the food section of the Forum theres loads of threads about gluten free advice !! :)

Fantastic, thanks for posting the link in the foodie group P C. I have emailed for spaces and more info :D

I have to say I was sorely dissapointed with this event. I will be relaying my thoughts back to Glutafin by email, but it was basically a corporate event, nothing much foodie about it. The afternoon session was all mixed up and I was quite annoyed at the fact I missed most of the Food demo that was supposed to be on last that was moved to the start

I thought it was okay, would've preferred a few more stalls selling their GF produce but on the whole it was nice to speak to others with this illness - oh and they ran out of goodie bags : (

Thats a bit rubbish Harley, especially as they knew how many were coming! Maybe email them and ask them to send you one out?

Thats a bit rubbish Harley, especially as they knew how many were coming! Maybe email them and ask them to send you one out?

I think they are posting out, but mmmmmm........ l wonder who didn't count correctly:hihi: