Windows 10 feature, or something else?

I have recently noticed something odd, interesting, useful and good, but also odd... (as I hadn't noticed it until recently, and it's not something that's "normal" till now)

Windows seems to have detected where i'm installing my Games, and automatically suggesting that location in the future..

When I recently reinstalled, I set up Windows and all it's updates, then installed Steam, Steam suggested it's default Program Files location, I told it to go to C:\Games..

I did this for another game, then when I installed battle.net launcher, and installed a game via that, it automatically suggested the C:\Games folder...

It also has also done it for other games since..

I had the same experience back in 98. Though it was not always guaranteed to know my preference! Back then some games i had to correct ini files and reg entries. Eventually with all the cheat files I had to fix up I gave up.

My bat file game menu list ran executables nicely though c games neatened that up

I'd comment but you won't be seeing much of me on the forum over the next week or so. I have an immediate family member seriously ill in hospital. Take care.:(

I had the same experience back in 98. Though it was not always guaranteed to know my preference! Back then some games i had to correct ini files and reg entries. Eventually with all the cheat files I had to fix up I gave up.

My bat file game menu list ran executables nicely though c games neatened that up

It's a bit of a difference from 98 and dos, and batch files..

you could even include the folder on the SET PATH command in batch files, so you could just use the exe without having to CD to it first... ;)

I'd comment but you won't be seeing much of me on the forum over the next week or so. I have an immediate family member seriously ill in hospital. Take care.:(

Oh dear. Best wishes and hope the outcome is good news.