Sheffield Peregrine Falcons 2018

The chicks have been successfully ringed and the unhatched egg removed for analysis.

The Bing homepage has an amazing picture of an urban Perigrine Falcon on it today.https://www.bing.com/

The poor peregrine at Nottingham is still sitting on just 2 eggs. I haven't seen her leave for food, just noticed this morning when she stood up to re-position herself that there are 2 unhatched eggs.

I know she laid her first one which was buried in the snow then laid again after, these are those eggs.

No sign of the male and I haven't found any information about it all.

Can anyone see any information (Facebook or other) saying what's happened?

Regards,

Duffems

The poor peregrine at Nottingham is still sitting on just 2 eggs. I haven't seen her leave for food, just noticed this morning when she stood up to re-position herself that there are 2 unhatched eggs.

I know she laid her first one which was buried in the snow then laid again after, these are those eggs.

No sign of the male and I haven't found any information about it all.

Can anyone see any information (Facebook or other) saying what's happened?

Regards,

Duffems

From Nottinghamshire Wildlife Trust FB : "they appear to be unviable this year. Whilst the birds keep incubating we're leaving well alone. If they abandon the nest we may remove the eggs for testing".

I saw a falcon catch a bird (probably pigeon) over Crookes walking home - and it's now being fed to the chicks!

Edit: And now all gone!

Edited by PeteM01

Tea time, another pigeon on the menu.

The chicks now appear to be losing their 'Down' with colour coming through revealing their feathers.

The diet of Sheffield Pidgeon and Starling must be good for them.

I cannot get the "Nest" picture to show this morning - and that's the exciting option.

Something wrong?

I cannot get the "Nest" picture to show this morning - and that's the exciting option.

Something wrong?

It appears OK for me, I'm using Firefox

Something wrong?

It's working fine for me.

Something wrong?

Yes, working here and showing three very wet and bedraggled peregrine chicks!

Yes, it's fine for me now, don't know what was wrong before. They're not at their prettiest at the moment, but it won't be long before they look like real peregrine falcons!

F