Box set and binge viewing megathread.

13 Reasons Why - Season 2

I did enjoy it (if thats the right word) but it just goes so far away from the original story in season 1, and the point of it that I do wonder if it was necessary at all.

The last episode leads you to think there'll probably be a third season too.

---------- Post added 07-06-2018 at 08:47 ----------

November 13: Attack on Paris

A heartbreaking, captivating documentary about the 2015 Paris terrorist attacks.

Personal stories from survivors, onlookers, Emergency Services, even the President and Mayor, and includes mobile phone and amateur video footage.

Its a difficult watch but Id totally recommend it, there are parts of their stories that Ill never be able to forget.

The Handmaid's tale. (Series 1) Incredibly powerful show this, brilliantly written, extremely thought provoking and fantastically acted by elisabeth moss. She got a hatful of awards for it and I expect her to be fighting it out, possibly with Rachel Evan wood this time round too. BUT, my initial thoughts on series two is there is a gulf in style and substance in the writing. You can tell the writers have been heavily influenced by current events in America and it bleeds through more than it should in my view. Moss remains excellent.

Ive been watching the last series of Z nation.......LOL

not sure what to rate it as :P

BUT, my initial thoughts on series two is there is a gulf in style and substance in the writing.

People have said the same about a number of returning shows - Stranger Things and Westworld to name but two. And the latest news is that Discovery S2 is going to go the same way.

Ive just finished La Mante - a french miniseries on Netflix.

It was ok, not fantastic but an interesting story and the characters are watchable, especially Carole Bouquet as Jeanne.

People have said the same about a number of returning shows - Stranger Things and Westworld to name but two. And the latest news is that Discovery S2 is going to go the same way.

Westworld - while still excellent - is tying itself up in knots. I kind of know whats going on but Id find it hard to explain to someone else. It could sort itself out though - American horror story (2) did in fine style if I recall correctly.

I suppose its hard to marry up a story written in 1985 to one written now - certainly as they are both politically charged.

Ive been watching the last series of Z nation.......LOL

not sure what to rate it as :P

Me I would rate it as 10/10 as its a bit different to the normal zombie stuff and has some humour as well. Cant wait for the new series.

Been watching all 4 series of Black Sails on Amazon, a fictional Pyrate drama based on real and fictional characters and set before Stevenson's Treasure Island. Captivating story that actually has an ending and is just not cancelled. Has some good acting with Toby Stephens, now in Lost in Space, in the lead. Some nudity and violence so not for all.

Edited by apelike

Me I would rate it as 10/10 as its a bit different to the normal zombie stuff and has some humour as well. Cant wait for the new series.

Been watching all 4 series of Black Sails on Amazon, a fictional Pyrate drama based on real and fictional characters and set before Stevenson's Treasure Island. Captivating story that actually has an ending and is just not cancelled. Has some good acting with Toby Stephens, now in Lost in Space, in the lead. Some nudity and violence so not for all.

yeah black sails is great as is vikings, last kingdom was good too, not sure if theres any more of that coming?

---------- Post added 18-06-2018 at 23:00 ----------

Westworld - while still excellent - is tying itself up in knots. I kind of know whats going on but Id find it hard to explain to someone else. It could sort itself out though - American horror story (2) did in fine style if I recall correctly.

I suppose its hard to marry up a story written in 1985 to one written now - certainly as they are both politically charged.

loved first season of westworld, 2nd ones too confusing and all over the place, and far too shooty

I agree about Vikings.. That Last Kingdom sounds good as well so will have a gander, seems like it going into series 3 later this year on BBC2 and also Netflix. :)

I agree about Vikings.. That Last Kingdom sounds good as well so will have a gander, seems like it going into series 3 later this year on BBC2 and also Netflix. :)

I preferred the Last Kingdom to Vikings but it is only a small sample compared to the multi seasons of the latter.

Just finished the series SS GB . Has there been a season two of this WW2 fantasy? Don't know any of the cast except Kate Bosworth, but Tom Riley has a voice like my all time favourite, the late John Hurt.

The Last Kingdom was very good. Alexander Dreymon who played Uhtred was brilliant. Think he is a German actor.

I don’t think there has been a season two of SS GB.

The Last Kingdom was very good. Alexander Dreymon who played Uhtred was brilliant. Think he is a German actor.

Just finished the first season and after watching Vikings found it a bit of a let down although the acting was good.