Middlewood road closure may/June 2018

So we can assume that Langsett avenue will have no temporary parking restrictions, that traffic will be diverted both up and down it (apart from buses which can not use it) and we can expect long delays.

I wonder if anyone considered making Langsett Avenue one way for the weekend and diverting all southbound that way and the northbound traffic making it way down the various different side roads depending on destination

Not seen any signs that Middlewood road will be one way for two weeks after the closure.

---------- Post added 23-05-2018 at 16:23 ----------

[

CYclone

Ha :hihi: Yes, you can see how big a council fan I am on the tree threads. :D

the comment about working at the council was not directed at you but was a response from an earlier comment by me

Edited by amnicoll

There's a limit to what notifications can be given, but I think it would be reasonable to put signs up at least a week in advance, as not everyone uses every road on every day. Not much detail needed, as people who think they'll be affected then know to look up on line.

Also, it would be worth using the matrix signs to pre-warn people. It wouldn't affect most people driving past, but it's a heads up to those who would be affected, and prompts them to check the details - much like they warn about football matches or road closures for the half marathon.

Ignoring the snide comments made by one poster, it seems to me that the works should have been communicated better than they have.

The following is from .gov and is entitled best practice in street works and highway works.

This is probably classed as streetworks.

From the text:

ADVANCE COMMUNICATION

The undertakers and highway authorities should provide the public with the following advance information and details of any proposed major work:

• What is being done and why?

• Who is doing it?

• How to contact them?

• When is it being done and how long will it take?

• What inconvenience and disruption will be caused?

• • How to obtain more information? It is the undertakers' or highway authorities' responsibility to communicate appropriately with residents, businesses and the travelling public who may be affected. In particular, they should:

• make particular provision for people with visual impairments and other disabled people;

• consider access to buildings, shops, businesses and goods delivery; and

• give minimum advance notice periods by informing relevant people by personal visits and/or written notification.

It’s SYPTE who are managing the road closures, and their contractor is carrying out the works. The only thing Supertram are doing is arranging replacement buses, organising staff to help direct and support passengers and not running trams.

They have very little to do with the actual rail replacement work.

I think it says on the signs that there will not be replacement buses.

I think it says on the signs that there will not be replacement buses.

Where exactly are the signs? I've been to the middlewood road/Hillsborough area twice today and not seen any?

We had a letter through a couple of weeks ago, informing us of night works due to happen between last night and Thursday (not heard anything actually being done so far, unless they've been very quiet!).

The letter also mentioned this weekend's closure, but it just said that Middlewood Road would be shut, no mention of which bit. Today there's a sign at the bottom of Darwin Road, so presumably that's where Middlewood Road will be shut from.

Edited by Olive

We had a letter through a couple of weeks ago, informing us of night works due to happen between last night and Thursday (not heard anything actually being done so far, unless theyve been very quite!).

The letter also mentioned this weekend's closure, but it just said that Middlewood Road would be shut, no mention of which bit. Today there's a sign at the bottom of Darwin Road, so presumably that's where Middlewood Road will be shut from.

Thank you Olive ?

Ignoring the snide comments made by one poster, it seems to me that the works should have been communicated better than they have.

The following is from .gov and is entitled best practice in street works and highway works.

This is probably classed as streetworks.

From the text:

ADVANCE COMMUNICATION

The undertakers and highway authorities should provide the public with the following advance information and details of any proposed major work:

• What is being done and why?

• Who is doing it?

• How to contact them?

• When is it being done and how long will it take?

• What inconvenience and disruption will be caused?

• • How to obtain more information? It is the undertakers' or highway authorities' responsibility to communicate appropriately with residents, businesses and the travelling public who may be affected. In particular, they should:

• make particular provision for people with visual impairments and other disabled people;

• consider access to buildings, shops, businesses and goods delivery; and

• give minimum advance notice periods by informing relevant people by personal visits and/or written notification.

Thank you for such a timely contribution the bit about it being the responsibility of the "undertakers" made me laugh

Where exactly are the signs? I've been to the middlewood road/Hillsborough area twice today and not seen any?

Good evening, sorry for the late reply - i can't use the internet at work.

The signs are at all the tram stops

There are only no replacement buses this weekend due to the road being closed and so buses being unable to run.

SL1/1A will run from oughtibridge, through the 57 worrell route and so along the top of Lang set avenue.

(Apologies for typing - had a few jars today!)

Is that the best reply you have? :hihi:

Oh dear.

Maybe address the points I raised in the above post, and come back to us with a proper reply.

---------- Post added 23-05-2018 at 12:44 ----------

QED. :roll:

Thats his stock answer if you disagree with a post of his ‘you must work for them’

He accused me of working for stagecoach when i challenged his repeated moans about the tram

?

Good evening, sorry for the late reply - i can't use the internet at work.

The signs are at all the tram stops

Thank you ? I've just seen a letter sent to one of the businesses on middlewood road - complicated ?