The changing face of the high street

Don’t fret, the folk living in one bed apartments in town/city office conversions will keep things going with their massive spending power. :hihi:

try thinking a bit more, it works wonders :roll:

try thinking a bit more, it works wonders :roll:

It didn’t do you any good, I was only agreeing with your post on the same subject, can’t you remember? ;)

House of Fraser to close over half of their remaining UK stores, surely this is yet another message that city/town centre retail is in terminal decline. Apparently they are attempting to talk to the landlords of their stores, that should be interesting.

House of Fraser to close over half of their remaining UK stores, surely this is yet another message that city/town centre retail is in terminal decline. Apparently they are attempting to talk to the landlords of their stores, that should be interesting.

welcome to the 1st May

---------- Post added 07-06-2018 at 17:36 ----------

Just reading Poundworld are in talks or they could be next.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-44398352

Edited by melthebell

They left Sheffield High St years ago. Where Sheffield leads, others follow. :hihi:

And don't forget the changing face of the ring road, the endless development of windowless sheds where minimum wage order pickers shall toil in a twenty-four hour culture of misery and exploitation processing branded sportswear and designer handbags!

I can see city centres being mainly housing in the future. The high street is hanging on for it's life. It has so many factors working against it, it doesn't stand a chance.

what i want to know is, are high streets in other countrys facing the same type of hardships? and if not...why not, WE ALL use the internet.

I can see city centres being mainly housing in the future.

...which, long ago, is just what they were (with small manufactories).

what i want to know is, are high streets in other countrys facing the same type of hardships? and if not...why not, WE ALL use the internet.

That is a very interesting question indeed!