The Abbey at Woodseats about to take a turn for the worse

Are there new owners though or still `tied`?

I think it is still owned by Punch Taverns.

Star Pubs (Heineken)

Correct, unless it has been sold in the last few weeks. Has been Punch for ages. Heineken did buy a batch, but Punch oversaw the refurb for sure, not sure this was one Heineken picked up.

http://theabbeysheffield.co.uk/legal/

Website Terms of Use

Last updated: 28 September 2016

Website Operator: Punch ( “we” or “us” or “our”).

If you have any complaints or comments about the Website our contact email address is info@theabbeysheffield.co.uk

Please read these Terms of Use carefully before you use this Website. They are legally binding and contain important information relating to use of this Website and apply to everyone who uses this Website.

You may only use this Website if you are at least 18 years old.

Our landlord is a Punch Taverns Group company (see list of landlords below). Our landlord shall be entitled to enforce these Terms of Use, but nothing in these Terms of Use shall otherwise confer any right on any other person. These Terms of Use also incorporate:

Edited by jamesogt

Correct, unless it has been sold in the last few weeks. Has been Punch for ages. Heineken did buy a batch, but Punch oversaw the refurb for sure, not sure this was one Heineken picked up.

Actually I stand corrected, it has been retained as a Punch 'centre of excellence'.

Actually I stand corrected, it has been retained as a Punch 'centre of excellence'.

Most of the people I know that used to go in every week, but now rarely go in it wouldn't consider it good and certainly not excellent.

nipped in last night with the missus after work for a couple about 6pm dead as a do do! not sure what they are trying to do ? moved in a load of dining tables and removed most of the comfy seats, asked for a number of drinks , sorry not got pino, sauv blanc , chardonnay, stopped doing pork scratchings etc etc the Amstel had a funny taste maybe the lines had just been cleaned and not quite flushed? doubt we will go again.

seems the new landlord is trying to make a bit of an effort on the beer options. They posted on the facebook page 5 real ales coming up.

Chantry - Steelos

Fuggle bunny - Jammy Dodger

Little Critters - Shire Horse

Blue Monkey - Infinity IPA

Sheffield Brewery Co - Crucible Best.

Nice to see new options and the Facebook post seems to indicate more local brewery ales to come.

Edited by RandumDave
spelling.