Garden turf MEGATHREAD

hi, can anyone tell me of anywhere that i can get cheap garden turf from?

B&Q have got it in for around £2.50 Sq meter and was hoping a lot cheaper then that. i paid around 80p a Sq meter around 5 years ago! i know prices will have gone up since but still i think £2.50 is a bit much!

any help welcome, thanks

dont buy turf, if its only a small area seed it no heavy lifting, easy to put down, thro in notime, no need to worry about watering it every day. etc etc ps you cant go wrong with wilkinsons loose grass seed, they do a general hardwareing, or a better show lawn type

thanks maggidee for your reply but its a full back garden that i need to do. i`ve just rotavated it and still need some soil to level it off. so i do want to put down turf

Edited by Easy-D

we were looking round and found turf expensive too - weve ended up astroturfing instead

yes i'd recommend A1 they're on stevenson road, just past the lights and they're very cheap and friendly

hi mate

just turfed my back garden these people were very helpful and very good price they even delivered foc here is there no 01142432647

........ but its a full back garden that i need to do. .........

I can help you out at £1.50 per square yard ... £1 if you cut & roll it yourself.

You'll have to come between 10pm & 4am and the offer is only good for two days. They're back from Teneriffe on Sunday.

I personally wouldnt buy cheap turf... my ex hubby is a landscape gardener and I used to work with him during busy periods . trust me cheap turf isnt worth wasting money on. try sykes lawn turf at tickhill there turf is excellent quality and you really do get what you pay for.

Hi,

I live in Netheredge and was wondering if anyone can advise on where to buy best value lawn turf and some topsoil?

Thanks

Have to second Brackens comment - I ordered 28m from A1 Thursday to be delivered Sat. Turned up promptly and quality of turf was very good. Free deliver too over 25m (I live in Penistone).