Does anyone remember Eastcliffe children's home?

I was in Eastcliffe in the early 80's. I can't remember the name of the road it was on but it was down the hill from Norfolk Park flats. Was anyone an 'Inmate' (it was great fun actually, not a prison by any stretch of the imagination!) or a staff member there?

I know it was demolished years ago but I'd love to know what happened to the people who lived/worked there.

A staff member called Peter Lumb (we called him Plum) really helped my through a depressing time in my life.

was there for a couple of months in 82 not in the main building but in the flats they had for those who where ready to move into the big world

cant really remember much about the place cept one of the staff was fat and he had black hair:loopy:

I think my mum was in that childrens home in the 1940's? WOuld it have been there then?

Was eastcliffe the home at the bottom end of norfork park. The entrance was from east bank road. I use to hang aroud with some lads from that home in the early 80s.

Yes, you are right East Bank road! Name a few first names and I'll tell you if i know them. I hope those lads didn't drag you into any trouble. x

Originally posted by CathS

I think my mum was in that childrens home in the 1940's? WOuld it have been there then?

I have no idea if it was there in the 40's but it quite easily could have been.

Originally posted by tulip

Yes, you are right East Bank road! Name a few first names and I'll tell you if i know them. I hope those lads didn't drag you into any trouble. x

Can't remember names but one of the lads went to ashleigh school with me. I used to go there and play snooker with some of the lads and also raid the fridge in the dinning room. I lived at the bottom end of norfork park and watched the home being built it was built in the 70s.

Is there anywhere you can get information about this childrens home??

I still wondering about my past, I've revived the thread in case anyone out there knows any thing.:)

Still trying. There must be more people out there who lived in a kids home. Tell me your experiences.

Dear Tulip,

I know just how you feel.

I spent several years in a children's home/orphanage in Sheffield and would love to know more about it.

Unfortunately any questions I asked my mother were answered with a punch in the face or a beating.

I remember the man who was to become my stepfather

saying "We must take you back to Netherred or Netheryellow" (instead of Nethergreen), which, as a five-year old, I thought was hilariously funny.

I soon found out that there was nothing funny about either of them.

I envy people who had a normal childhood with a family that they could talk to.

Yours, Thursday.

My mum worked there and was in charge of the flats for a while. She retired around 1982. I spent alot of time there over the years and remember quite a few of the staff and kids.