Does anyone remember Eastcliffe children's home?

yep i was in the main buildingh then was moved into the flatsd in 1982

I was in Eastcliffe in the early 80's. I can't remember the name of the road it was on but it was down the hill from Norfolk Park flats. Was anyone an 'Inmate' (it was great fun actually, not a prison by any stretch of the imagination!) or a staff member there?

I know it was demolished years ago but I'd love to know what happened to the people who lived/worked there.

A staff member called Peter Lumb (we called him Plum) really helped my through a depressing time in my life.

i used to go down the national coach garage to get tea and coffee and snacks after we were suposed to be in bed

I am not sure if I remember it properly. Was there a skating rink a lot further down East Bank Road from Eastcliffe? Anyway, if it is the same place then I was there around '75/'76. It was two buildings. The bloke in charge, Brian Cadman, had a flat in one building and Liz, the next in charge, had a flat in the other. It was a mixed place and we each had our own bedroom. I remember some of the lads/lasses (but without surnames just in case....), there were two sisters, June & Julie, Dave, John. There was a member of staff who was quite young and intellectual who we called Bamber (after Bamber Gascoigne from the original University Challenge). Does anyone remember it like that or was I in a completely different place in Sheffield?

my aunt stayed there a while - marilyn corker and i think my mum might have as well - sharon corker, not sure of the dates though. if anyone knew my mum would be nice to hear from them x

Hi

I think in the eighties the person in charge was an ex policeman called Peter and is wife who always wore black called Olive (matron)

I worked at Eastcliffe for a few years in the early 70s. Lots of memories of staff and kids who lived there.

The "Bamber" referred to would have been Chris.

If there had been a children's home on the site in the 40's, it must have been pulled down, as the building was of late 60's design and construction.

To Partypixie.

Yes, I remember Marilyn Corker.

I can answer some questions about the time I was there, but will obviously have to respect other people's privacy.

my mum, margaret weldon used to work there, i think it was the early eighties,

my aunt stayed there a while - marilyn corker and i think my mum might have as well - sharon corker, not sure of the dates though. if anyone knew my mum would be nice to hear from them x

I remember your aunt and your mum, think it would have been around 1976, my mum (Betty Low) worked at Eastcliffe. Sharon was in my year at school.

my mum, margaret weldon used to work there, i think it was the early eighties,

I remember your mum, she worked with my mum and I seem to remember visiting your house with my mum. Did you live on Arbourthorne?

to sidseburns , yes we lived on erskine crescent, i have 3 brothers, mick andy and keith, mum,s gone now , but jim, my dad is still with us, from there my mum went to work at leighton view.

to sidseburns , yes we lived on erskine crescent, i have 3 brothers, mick andy and keith, mum,s gone now , but jim, my dad is still with us, from there my mum went to work at leighton view.

To Welly, i remember your brothers and your dad, sorry to hear your mum has passed away. My mum passed away a couple of years ago.

Its certainly brought back memories reading peoples posts about Eastcliffe. My brothers (Pete and Tom) and I spent a lot of time at Eastcliffe when my mum worked there. We used to live on Norfolk Park just up the road from Eastcliffe.