R.I.P. Burt Reynolds

I was a big fan in my younger days and his films may have been the root of me owning a Firebird and Camero Z28 (not sure if he ever used a Z28 )

RIP

totally amazing how all the films he was in, except Deliverance, were utter garbage, as he himself admitted. There was quite a few. You'd have thought that maybe one or two would slip through the net and not be absolute rubbish. But no. They all were. Part of it, as again he himself admitted, was that he couldn't spot a decent script to save his life. He turned down a lot of parts in films that turned out to be good, much better than the dross he ended up in.

Edited by blake

I was a big fan in my younger days and his films may have been the root of me owning a Firebird and Camero Z28 (not sure if he ever used a Z28 )

RIP

I've had a Trans Am and a Camaro Z28 over the years but don't think Burt had anything to with either LOL.:cool:

He'll always be JJ to me in the Cannonball Run films.

RIP.

Deliverance is a great film. Loved his Longest Yard (Mean Machine)film & all the funny out-takes at the end of the films as the credits rolled, especially with Dom Deluise.

One film I've only ever seen once, at the cinema, was Sharky's Machine where he played a vice cop. Not a bad film but I've never seen it on tv. Also starred a young Rachel Ward with Randy Crawford singing 'Street Life' as the title song.

totally amazing how all the films he was in, except Deliverance, were utter garbage, as he himself admitted. There was quite a few. You'd have thought that maybe one or two would slip through the net and not be absolute rubbish. But no. They all were. Part of it, as again he himself admitted, was that he couldn't spot a decent script to save his life. He turned down a lot of parts in films that turned out to be good, much better than the dross he ended up in.

He was actually nominated for an Oscar in one of those "garbage" films you talk of i. e. Boogie Nights, which I consider a very good film.

he himself said in his frank 2015 memoirs, that all the films he appeared in were rubbish, except Deliverance. Although at his commercial peak the films he appeared in were all terrible, he was the biggest box office draw at the time they were coming out, and that was why he got the Oscar nomination.

it's a pity he turned down all the better parts he was offered as he might have shown that he was a better actor than he did. The better a film is the better the opportunity there is for an actor and because he was in so much rubbish, he never really got the opportunity to show how good he might have been.

He is good in Deliverance, but then it's a good part, in a good film, although in the film Reynold's character Lewis is much reduced from the character in the James Dickey novel upon which it is based.

He was excellent in Boogie Nights and The Longest Yard was pretty good,I got a laugh out of all the Bandit movies too.

He was excellent in Boogie Nights and The Longest Yard was pretty good,I got a laugh out of all the Bandit movies too.

I thiough Burt and Dom Delouise worked well together in the "Bandit" and "Canonball" films..