Hillsborough arcade salesmen

Not only have I been on the TPS for years but I don't give anyone my home or mobile numbers unless I have a good reason to, and that includes gas, electricity and water as these numbers can be sold on.

Also many of these calls are made by random number generators who neither know nor care whether you are on the TPS. And some of these calls are from companies or agencies that the previous holder of my phone number had contact with who claim to be exempt from the TPS if you called them first, even if that was 15 years ago!

Strange. I must be lucky, long may it continue.

They're certainly not exempt from GDPR though, so perhaps report them under that.

---------- Post added 15-10-2018 at 07:32 ----------

I’ve often wanted to stop and ask if they hate their job.!

Probably yes. One of my friends has just got a job in sales, doing pretty much this, selling broadband or electricity on the street.

It was that or go home to Spain and she didn't want to leave Sheffield, particularly given that it might be more difficult to get back into the UK in the future, but mainly because she's graduated and doesn't want to go back to ruralville Spain to live with her parents.

Her qualification is a masters in international law and fluency in English and Spanish. But apparently jobs are thin on the ground. So for now she's doing sales and living for free in someone's spare room until she finds real work.

Strange. I must be lucky, long may it continue.

They're certainly not exempt from GDPR though, so perhaps report them under that.

---------- Post added 15-10-2018 at 07:32 ----------

Probably yes. One of my friends has just got a job in sales, doing pretty much this, selling broadband or electricity on the street.

It was that or go home to Spain and she didn't want to leave Sheffield, particularly given that it might be more difficult to get back into the UK in the future, but mainly because she's graduated and doesn't want to go back to ruralville Spain to live with her parents.

Her qualification is a masters in international law and fluency in English and Spanish. But apparently jobs are thin on the ground. So for now she's doing sales and living for free in someone's spare room until she finds real work.

There are also many salespeople in town who half approach you but then stop when you walk straight on. Funny but Ive never seen any women salespeople.

I had more trouble dodging the buckets than the salesmen on Saturday

There are also many salespeople in town who half approach you but then stop when you walk straight on. Funny but Ive never seen any women salespeople.

Maybe they don't last? You've probably got to have a pretty thick skin to deal with being rejected and told to f off all day long.

Some years ago I was walking through the arcade with my then two year old son. I was stopped by a salesperson who asked me if I'd had an accident in the past three years. I pointed at my son and asked ' does he count?'.

When i've had cold callers asking me that in the past i've replied "No, but I can arrange one for you if you want" and then put the phone down.

It’s strange because this morning there was not one single salesperson in the arcade. Wonder if the management have read our posts ? Mind you I don’t know about this afternoon. ,! :huh:

It’s strange because this morning there was not one single salesperson in the arcade. Wonder if the management have read our posts ? Mind you I don’t know about this afternoon. ,! :huh:

None were in there this afternoon either. It does go a few weeks without them and then they are back.

it would be nice to think so,but I doubt it.

None were in there this afternoon either. It does go a few weeks without them and then they are back.

No salesmen at all in The Arcade this week. Just a man with a jewellery stall and a poppy seller. Wonder if the management have read this thread .? :suspect:

No salesmen at all in The Arcade this week. Just a man with a jewellery stall and a poppy seller. Wonder if the management have read this thread .? :suspect:

Did you make owt trish, all them 2/6d.

Did you make owt trish, all them 2/6d.

No chance:roll: