Room/venue hire in Sheffield?

I realise there is a venue megathread but it was started two years ago, many of the suggestions in there are no longer there and the last pages are just other people asking so no usable info i can find.. :help:

I am looking for a function room suitable for a wedding reception to hold up to max 150 guests. anything up to a few hundred £ for room but must be able to provide our own buffet not be fixed into venues catering, and ideally able to provide our own dj also. must have a bar and dancefloor area, tables & chairs and lighting etc available. Enough room to put a bouncy castle or something for the kids would be an advantage, though not essential. would need to be available on a sat evening/night and also pref beforehand for a bit for dressing the room. Nowt with a manky carpet :hihi: (modernish would be nice)

Anywhere between town, S9 and S5 or easy reach of these considered

TIA

wadsley bridge wmc on Halifax road Sheffield 5 have a room you can use for free, you can do your own catering and there is room in the grounds for a bouncy castle.

St Timothy Church hall CROOKES it's worth an enquiry .Lovely room and kitchen area.

Hi I’m desperate for an function room for a wedding for 50 people and have a little budget which is scary as really want our first dance a small buffet and all I’ll have is 100 pounds but want it from 230pm till 6pm thank you as we have 5 weeks and worried. We wanted the s2 area

Edited by Andrew Wyles

Have sent you a private message Andrew.

Hi There

Can anyone make any recommendations for a pub to have a birthday bash in?

Would like a free room (if poss) for upto 40 people the first week in January.

Cheers

Are you looking for a room you can actually hire out for free, or just a pub which is likely to have an empty room which you can all congregate in?

If it's the latter, then the upstairs room in the Fat Cat is normally Empty. Good pub with decent beer, great area for drinking too.

The Philadelphia at upperthorpe is always a good venue, nice and big too.. small bar though so have to wait a while to get served if it's a packed do.

Hi there, it's not of a private function room I'm after tbh

Hi all,

I have been running a speech therapy support group for people who have been on the Starfish project course for four years in Sheffield. We were very lucky until recently to be able to book rooms through contacts within Sheffield Hallam Uni. It's an ideal location close to the train station and people from all over the midlands can easily access. We now however, have run out of contacts and room hire at the Uni is expensive. We are a purely volunteer led group who support each other in our recovery and I have never wanted to charge people for the use of a room.

My main question is, does anyone know of any venue that does free room hire or very cheap room hire on a Saturday between 10-3pm as that is when we meet. We meet every month so it must be a regular arrangement. I know Sat daytime is likely to be very busy!

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Matthew.

try SCC housing they have many halls and do free rooms for health type groups,so ring sheffield housing explain your plight and they must have such a room in the city,good luck