Jared Omara MP ..

nikki-red

We understand that this is an emotive subject, and discussing the facts is totally fine.
Posting insults is not.
Jared is local to us, and could well be a member of the forum, we dont allow name calling and insults on other threads and they arent acceptable on this one either.

Message added by nikki-red

Why can’t people leave him be and give him a chance?

A chance for what?

He is supposed to be an elected member of parliament representing the people and paid for by the people.

He knows full well that such role comes with great responsibility including having every inch of your past, present and future behaviour, words, history and day to day life under constant observation, speculation, criticism and review.

That includes so called 'regrettable behaviour' and vile written words that he may or may not have done in the past (.....which in any event was done when he was a grown adult in his 20s running a business, sitting on voluntary committees and and old enough to know better). Did he really think people would not take a look and it come back to bite him on the backside.

Here he is now with his pathetic attempts to gain sympathy by crying about "being treated as a criminal by the party", making some empty gesture of going independent and most recently seemingly finding god. This chump doesn't just play the victim card he has a whole deck.

He blew it. He had his chance.

Corbyn's cult blew it. So desprate were they to get a momentum backed candidate in place - they failed to do the first simple check. Get dirt digging to see what the opposition might drag up and use against you.

Politics 101.

Edited by ECCOnoob

You mean like they do with the likes of May, Farage, Johnson or Corbyn?

He is now in the world of politics and privilege, and has inherited all that goes with that. As the saying goes, "if you cant stand the heat get out of the kitchen."

He worked on the door and DJ-ed at West Street Live for years.

Most of his reputation for misogyny and homophobia come from his widely-observed behaviour in that role, not his internet hate spiel.

This isn't a slur on WSL by the way - which (in my opinion) is otherwise a nice family business

Here's a news story about it anyway: https://www.shefnews.co.uk/2017/10/31/sophie-evans-west-street-live-knew-what-jared-o-mara-was-like/

Cheers, I’m more used to the likes of Ronnie Crookes, Joe Durrant and Mick Critch on the doors in my day.

Have you read it? It was like a 7 year old doing a talk to their class

"I'm from Sheffield. Kyle Walker, you know the good footballer, is from my constituency (actually he's not, he's from Sharrow, which isn't in Hallam). We also have blades and owls. And even some brown people too, though they are usually only rich ones like doctors and university lecturers"

I read it, and found it quite rambling and incoherent. So I was not impressed with it at all either.

Well he’s my MP, how many of you guys share my misfortune? :(

Sadly I regret that I do!

Guest makapaka
A chance for what?

He is supposed to be an elected member of parliament representing the people and paid for by the people.

He knows full well that such role comes with great responsibility including having every inch of your past, present and future behaviour, words, history and day to day life under constant observation, speculation, criticism and review.

That includes so called 'regrettable behaviour' and vile written words that he may or may not have done in the past (.....which in any event was done when he was a grown adult in his 20s running a business, sitting on voluntary committees and and old enough to know better). Did he really think people would not take a look and it come back to bite him on the backside.

Here he is now with his pathetic attempts to gain sympathy by crying about "being treated as a criminal by the party", making some empty gesture of going independent and most recently seemingly finding god. This chump doesn't just play the victim card he has a whole deck.

He blew it. He had his chance.

Corbyn's cult blew it. So desprate were they to get a momentum backed candidate in place - they failed to do the first simple check. Get dirt digging to see what the opposition might drag up and use against you.

Politics 101.

Just a chance to get on with the job without constantly raking something up he did years ago, has apologised for and was never prosecuted for.

What else do people want him to do? Walk the streets self-flagellating?

Perhaps he could be paraded naked on the town hall steps while someone rings a bell shouting “SHAME”.

People just need to let it go - and if he’s found posting sexist things on a forum next week then he’ll have some answering to do - as he will at the next election when he will be correctly measured on his performance over his tenure as an MP by the electorate.

He had a chance and blew it. If he wants people to give him another one he's going to have to demonstrate, by his actions, that he deserves one. So far he's only demonstrated that he's a waste of space.

The only ‘people’ who can do that are his constituents, of which I am one but choose not to do so, as is my right. :nono:

Guest makapaka
He had a chance and blew it. If he wants people to give him another one he's going to have to demonstrate, by his actions, that he deserves one. So far he's only demonstrated that he's a waste of space.

See my post above.

See my post above.

The fact that he quit the Labour Party after being reinstated rather than face the mandatory requirement to attend training to address his behaviour/attitudes they insisted on doesn't bode well for any claims that he has learned any lessons.

Instead of just calling for people to give him another chance why don't you provide evidence that he's doing things that would lead people to think he deserves another chance?

I've known him fairly well over the years. He's all the bad things people say about him and worse.

He's a nasty nightclub bouncer who has fluked his way into a cushty job he can't get sacked from for 5 years, effectively thieving our taxes.

A nightclub bouncer. I actually know a couple of guys who are nightclub doormen. Mr Omara even though I have never met him certainly doesn't appear to fit the profile of a nightclub doorman.

Re his maiden speech in the House of Parasites, nowt special about it really, but at least it's now done and dusted. We will have to wait and see if Mr Omara can astound his critics, or they will watch him crash and burn.

Angel1.

Well he’s my MP, how many of you guys share my misfortune? :(

Over here :wave:

I didn't vote for him but when he won I thought fair do's and accepted him as my democratically elected MP. I don't feel that way any more, now I just wish he would stand down.