Kilner Way Retail Park thread

Home > Sheffield > Sheffield News & Discussions

Reply To Topic

06-09-2014, 13:34   #41
mda03cn

Total Posts: 360
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgemush View Post
Thought Netto had gone bust and the stores were now Iceland and ASDA. Shows how much I know lol
06-09-2014, 13:42   #42
Blackbeard

Total Posts: 3,802
Quote:
Originally Posted by mda03cn View Post
Thought Netto had gone bust and the stores were now Iceland and ASDA. Shows how much I know lol
From the Netto press release
"Danish international discount grocery retailer Netto is returning to Britain in an attractive new trial format, bringing a fresh Scandinavian flavour to the UK discount sector. The new-look Netto will take the form of a joint venture combining Dansk Supermarkedís excellence in systems, infrastructure and low-cost operations with Sainsburyís UK grocery, product sourcing and property expertise, in a compelling customer proposition.
The trial will consist of 15 Netto stores to be opened by the end of 2015, with the first opening their doors in the North of England later this year. If the trial proves successful, the next stage of the joint venture will see the new format rolled out across the country.
Each partnerís initial investment in the joint venture will be £12.5 million, and given start-up costs, each partner expects to incur a post-tax loss in the region of £5-10 million up to 31 March 2015."
_______
Warning, this advice is worth every penny you paid for it !
06-09-2014, 14:33   #43
Mad Hatter

Total Posts: 251
Quote:
Originally Posted by beansforyou View Post
Sadly the charity shops are one of the only business models making enough money to pay the rents demanded.
Charity shops don't pay rents! They keep the place well-maintained, insured, heated, looking good etc, but the landlord won't be making money out of them.

If a tenant came along willing to pay real money, the short-term charity shop lease would be terminated in a flash.
06-09-2014, 17:47   #44
ormester101

Total Posts: 2,581
http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/new-st...ning-1-6826359
06-09-2014, 18:02   #45
Groose
Geek Girl

Total Posts: 13,743
So Netto in the area, Sainsbury's building down the road. The Lidl and Asda all in good throwing distance as well. Wouldn't be surprised if a Tesco pops up next.
_______
Armchair Owl
06-09-2014, 19:36   #46
biotechpete

Total Posts: 3,234
Quote:
Originally Posted by alisonmanic View Post
So Netto in the area, Sainsbury's building down the road. The Lidl and Asda all in good throwing distance as well. Wouldn't be surprised if a Tesco pops up next.
I'm sure I read on here someone claiming that Tesco own the land on Penistone Rd near Charlie Brown's opposite the stadium. So I wouldn't be surprised either.
_______
Sapiens nihil affirmat quod non probat
06-09-2014, 19:38   #47
The Joker

Total Posts: 5,410
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Hatter View Post
Charity shops don't pay rents! They keep the place well-maintained, insured, heated, looking good etc, but the landlord won't be making money out of them.
Really? I thought it was council rates that charity shops didn't pay, along with reduced rents to the landlord.
06-09-2014, 20:44   #48
mafya

Total Posts: 8,535
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Hatter View Post

If a tenant came along willing to pay real money, the short-term charity shop lease would be terminated in a flash.
You may be getting confused with business rates which are not payable by charities.
06-09-2014, 20:56   #49
ormester101

Quote:
Originally Posted by biotechpete View Post
I'm sure I read on here someone claiming that Tesco own the land on Penistone Rd near Charlie Brown's opposite the stadium. So I wouldn't be surprised either.
yeah thats right also netto is conjuction with sainsburys
06-09-2014, 21:22   #50
mda03cn

Total Posts: 360
Wonder if the little shops at Wadsley Bridge will survive?
07-09-2014, 02:32   #51
Longy67

Total Posts: 3,831
Quote:
Originally Posted by tzijlstra View Post
Well, if that is true than I will be perfectly happy. Le Bon Vin is probably one of the best independent wine-retailers north of the Thames (and I don't know any south of the Thames, which makes them pretty awesome). Been shouting for an M&S in the north of the city for ages and if Boots move there, it might mean they can close the shabby shop in Hillsborough precinct so we can have a new charity shop there.
Please God noooooooooooo...

---------- Post added 07-09-2014 at 02:36 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by biotechpete View Post
Heard that too, apparently they bought up the whole triangle of land to stop another supermarket rival building on it, i suppose they didn't envisage Sainsbury's building where they are at the mo..
_______
ONCE A BLADE, ALWAYS A BLADE...AND THAT WILL NEVER CHANGE.

I AM the voice of reason...
07-09-2014, 15:52   #52
darylslinn

Total Posts: 610
This is one I can't get my head around, a planning application for Unit E on Kilner Way Retail Park dated August this year for Sainsbury's.

http://publicaccess.sheffield.gov.uk...ATA-809049.pdf

Which is the one in the far left corner on the Argos side.

---------- Post added 07-09-2014 at 15:53 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longy67 View Post

Heard that too, apparently they bought up the whole triangle of land to stop another supermarket rival building on it, i suppose they didn't envisage Sainsbury's building where they are at the mo..
Tescos opposite the football ground would be great on a match day to go shopping there !
_______
Regards
Daryl.

Last edited by darylslinn; 07-09-2014 at 16:01.
07-09-2014, 22:39   #53
ormester101

Quote:
Originally Posted by darylslinn View Post
This is one I can't get my head around, a planning application for Unit E on Kilner Way Retail Park dated August this year for Sainsbury's.

http://publicaccess.sheffield.gov.uk...ATA-809049.pdf

Which is the one in the far left corner on the Argos side.

---------- Post added 07-09-2014 at 15:53 ----------

Tescos opposite the football ground would be great on a match day to go shopping there !
because its a joint application with sainsbury for a netto
07-09-2014, 22:51   #54
steroc

Total Posts: 988
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longy67 View Post

I heard that too. Although it's now rumoured that Tesco have offered to build a new TA centre there in exchange for the TA's spot at Manor Top. And plan to open a big Tescos at Manor Top.
08-09-2014, 07:07   #55
kaylib1998

Total Posts: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by mda03cn View Post
Netto didn't go bust they sold the UK stores to ASDA. The Office of fair trading said ASDA had to sell some of the stores to resolve competition concerns hence why some stores became other retailers ie Iceland(Lane Top)
27-11-2014, 13:17   #56
Dr Talc

Total Posts: 4
One thing is clear: the mark up on products must be huge and the confidence to seduce consumers into buying more than what they went in for enormous if it's possible to have LIDL, NETTO, Sainsburys, ASDA so close together. And these are just the supermarkets clustered in that corner; if we extend the area by less than 2 miles we could add Morrisons, ALDI, TESCO as well as smaller stores (2 ICELANDs for example).
03-01-2015, 11:34   #57
PGold

Total Posts: 2
I drive past this every day to and from work - seems like now that sainsburies has been built in super quick time the right side of this is finally being completed!

Does anyone have any idea which shops will be there?

Personally I would like to see a decent sports shop and a quality gym
03-01-2015, 11:44   #58
haddy

Total Posts: 1,945
Homebase are winding there business and will not be opening any new stores so that certainly won't be happening. There availability and price are poor too and I think there stores are confusing as what they want to be. They certainly aren't diy anymore as they hardly range diy products, the ones they do are cheap and they have lots of boxed cheap furniture at expensive prices
03-01-2015, 11:58   #59
tzijlstra

Total Posts: 12,792
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGold View Post
I drive past this every day to and from work - seems like now that sainsburies has been built in super quick time the right side of this is finally being completed!

Does anyone have any idea which shops will be there?

Personally I would like to see a decent sports shop and a quality gym
A Sportsdirect or something like that would be handy as there isn't any store like that this side of Sheffield. I think there are... 4 gyms within walking distance of Kilner Way though, so don't really see the point in adding another one!
03-01-2015, 12:01   #60
Ms Macbeth
Baby boomer

Total Posts: 17,478
Matalan would be good. There are no actual clothing/household shops in the area apart from in supermarkets.
_______
Health is the greatest gift,
contentment the greatest wealth,
faithfulness the best relationship.

Buddha
Reply To Topic