Frank Roper, motorcycle dealer, London Rd.

Does anyone remember Ropers Motorcycles 154-172 London Road.what happened to them?Does anyone have an original letterhead or Mudguard

badge from them that I can copy. bsa rider

Just to finish this thread off this is the badge that I have now obtained

still lookin for a letterhead.

094.jpg

my dad remembers them, but doesnt have letterhead, he used to ride a triumph thunderbird.

I remember them - you could try the Local Studies Library for adverts in the local papers of the period. They may also have had adverts in the local directories (Kellys')...something you could copy and make a transfer or a badge from.

Hello you bsarider you. I remember Ropers and what follows probably wont interest you one bit. The fact is I actually worked there one time, for about a week. At the time I was doing a nights only job so I thought I'd fill my days in working for Ropers. I cleaned bikes and delivered them to various places around Sheffield. In a week I was dying on my feet. I remember there was a couple of Italian guys, mechanics, worked there. Fancied themselves as boxers. There, I told you it wasn't interesting.

well i find it really interesting actually,what bikes were you cleaning and delivering,who was the boss at the time when was this 60s.al

i used to love looking in thier window on london rd, very good shop to buy motorbike bits

from. bought lots of stuff from them.

Did you by any remote chance still have a bill of sale or a letterhead from them its worth a look.

sorry, no. it was 40 years ago. they were agents for reliant spares as well.

Does anyone remember Ropers Motorcycles 154-172 London Road.what happened to them?Does anyone have an original letterhead or Mudguard

badge from them that I can copy. bsa rider

I remember looking in their window about 1963 at a Bonnie priced about £360 and drooling.As my apprentice pay was £3.1.10d a week ,it remained a dream.

I used Ropers in the 1950's Mini moter spares etc, it was advertised as that block of clean and tidy shops, depending on what you wanted there was a number of entrances you got the impresion it was the same man running along the rear of the shops to serve.

yes when you look at the shops at present they are all different but the brickwork on the corners are mostly painted black i assume as it were in Ropers days