Sunderland after Tom Lees

Just been reading that Sunderland are to Offer 3 million for Super Signing Tom Lees,hope we Keep Hold of Him after being a Super Partnership with Glen Loovans

I'd tell em to double it at least before we listen, same with Westwood if anyone wants him.

Swap for wickham + cash with wickham being a free agent in the summer ..

I would rather we didn't lose any of this current team to be honest.

Swap for wickham + cash with wickham being a free agent in the summer ..

Think he's signed a new contract but him plus 3 million cash at least sounds fair

Just been reading that Sunderland are to Offer 3 million for Super Signing Tom Lees,hope we Keep Hold of Him after being a Super Partnership with Glen Loovans

Aren't you the chap who told us Westwood was as good as gone?:hihi:

We are in the driving seat with this one, he's only 24, in the first year of a three deal so not desperate need to take the first offer.

Think he's signed a new contract but him plus 3 million cash at least sounds fair

Just looked & You're right 4.1/2 year deal in December..

I see it as a massive thumbs up for the excellent work Stuart Gray has been doing. The more I see of Wednesday the more impressed I get with him, the fact that Tom Lees, who was brought in from Leeds for a bag of pork scratchings and a tuppence worth of John Smith's is now linked (truthfully or not) with Premier League teams, as is Westwood, is huge.

I have faith that he can fit someone else in successfully should either of them go, but it will cause some ripples of course, I maintain my point of view however: if the offer is good enough, there is no point in hanging on to any of the players.

Surely that goes against all those hoping for a top six finish and who want the team strengthening and not depleting Tim.

You are a spit and a falldown from a play off place, it would make a difference of multi millions if you were successful and Milan would be beating off potential buyers with a ****ty stick.

Surely that goes against all those hoping for a top six finish and who want the team strengthening and not depleting Tim.

You are a spit and a falldown from a play off place, it would make a difference of multi millions if you were successful and Milan would be beating off potential buyers with a ****ty stick.

I know Rossy, but I have been raised on the Dutch philosophy: Don't overspend on new players, make the players you have better and sell them on for a profit so you can improve the squad gradually whilst remaining financially responsible, only when you can afford to refuse an offer that equals 20% of your total annual budget should you do so.

I don't see us gaining a play-off place, and I don't know many owls who think we will. I do think that IF we somehow do, we stand a good chance because we have a great defense that should translate against the better teams in the league and Lees is part of that.

So no doubt, it is a tricky decision, but should we get promoted this year against all odds, we will come down next year anyway, in which case I think we should not go spending like lunatics, but just stash the money in a bank and make the club as attractive as possible for a takeover by someone who can afford to do all the stuff that needs doing, not just on the pitch but also off it.

I know Rossy, but I have been raised on the Dutch philosophy: Don't overspend on new players, make the players you have better and sell them on for a profit so you can improve the squad gradually whilst remaining financially responsible, only when you can afford to refuse an offer that equals 20% of your total annual budget should you do so.

I don't see us gaining a play-off place, and I don't know many owls who think we will. I do think that IF we somehow do, we stand a good chance because we have a great defense that should translate against the better teams in the league and Lees is part of that.

So no doubt, it is a tricky decision, but should we get promoted this year against all odds, we will come down next year anyway, in which case I think we should not go spending like lunatics, but just stash the money in a bank and make the club as attractive as possible for a takeover by someone who can afford to do all the stuff that needs doing, not just on the pitch but also off it.

I really hope we don't sell anyone,and despite being told often that we are skint,i don't think we wil sell anyone.But it makes sense what you have said tim.