Can Owls Keep Hold Of Westwood?

Wednesday have signed a Superb Goalkeeper in Westwood,but will Wednesday have the Financial Income to Keep Hold of Him,Leicester have just lost there Goalkeeper with a Broken Foot and will want a Very Good Replacement and Westwood might be Good Choice,Liverpool not Confident in there Current Goalkeeper and instead of looking Abroad All the Time they might bid for Westwood rumour going round that they will offer 5m for Him,so Wednesday would not turn that Offer down i am sure,so the January Transfer Market might be Busy for the Owls

Wednesday have signed a Superb Goalkeeper in Westwood,but will Wednesday have the Financial Income to Keep Hold of Him,Leicester have just lost there Goalkeeper with a Broken Foot and will want a Very Good Replacement and Westwood might be Good Choice,Liverpool not Confident in there Current Goalkeeper and instead of looking Abroad All the Time they might bid for Westwood rumour going round that they will offer 5m for Him,so Wednesday would not turn that Offer down i am sure,so the January Transfer Market might be Busy for the Owls

He's been a fantastic signing and even at 5 mil would be a mistake to let him go,but they would I think.

who knows, hes been a great signing but money does talk so who can say

£2 million he be gone

---------- Post added 11-12-2014 at 21:24 ----------

no chance of him goin to Liverpool

I find it amazing that £5m to Liverpool is just another bid whereas it could make a colossal difference to the teams in the divisions below.

The attention would surely turn his head and set the blood coarsing through his agents fangs,from the reports I read he is by far and away your star turn this year.

He is Joe, and as Blades fans are well accustomed to - when you have a player like that - he will be sold. :(

£2 million he be gone

---------- Post added 11-12-2014 at 21:24 ----------

no chance of him goin to Liverpool

If I was his gaffer I would make them start at £5m, fantastic amounts are paid nowadays for untried kids.

He's been a fantastic signing and even at 5 mil would be a mistake to let him go,but they would I think.

Yes you're right dobby , he's a fantastic keeper and like many Owls I would want him to stay.

But when millions are being talked about I can't see the club turning offers down.Owl.

Great keeper but if 5 million was spent on the team we would be able to play goalie wagg.

For five million I will put a ribbon around him myself. Keepers rarely go for amounts larger than a few million. Have a look on transfermarkt.co.uk for their (usually pretty accurate) valuations of goalkeepers, apart from Neuer who is by far the best goalkeeper in the world at the moment, the list drops down very rapidly, even John Ruddy is worth less than 5 million.

Fact is that Wednesday has to sell one or two players a year to ensure it can keep re-investing. If we can get 2-3 million for Westwood in January we simply pull Kirkland out of his track-suit bench-warming bottoms and stick Cameron Dawson in them whilst putting Westwood's oversized gloves on Kirkland (who had them before anyway!).

Yes Westwood is a great keeper, I wouldn't want to deny him a chance to play in the Premier League.

PS: If Liverpool really want another goalie it is going to be Petr Cech or Asmir Begovic.

Great keeper but if 5 million was spent on the team we would be able to play goalie wagg.

It wouldn't happen Gaz,most would go to clear cash owed.

Yer you're right Gary if a deal was made to bring in £5 million, that would be great to strengthen the team.

From the Lge position we are in at present it would strengthen tremendously a run into the play-offs.

You know Gary it could well be just the little bit of luck that the Owls have not had for a long time .Owl.