New roundabout Moss Way

Who is paying for this because it does look like its being done on the cheap ?

It's being done as part of the "Bus Hotspots" programme, so ultimately I believe SYPTE are the budget holders although SCC are doing the work.

---------- Post added 12-09-2018 at 09:21 ----------

Perhaps they could have put some there instead of the ones on the A57 Wales Bar turn off, there are loads of "expensive" traffic signals there that still have bags over them months after installation

That's in Rotherham, so it's a different "they".

It's being done as part of the "Bus Hotspots" programme, so ultimately I believe SYPTE are the budget holders although SCC are doing the work.

Not really bothered which council it was, if they are so expensive you'd expect them to be a little more prudent in their use.

So even though SYPTE Paid for it , surely Sheffield City Council signed it off ?

So even though SYPTE Paid for it , surely Sheffield City Council signed it off ?

Yes, SCC have certainly approved it. They have designed it.

As I understand it, the scheme is not yet finished, so perhaps best to reserve any judgement on it till its completed.

If an Audi drove over it at 40mph then he/she was driving without due care and attention and speeding because there are new 30mph limit signs well before the new mini roundabout.

It's a mini roundabout which you will be able to 'drive over' once it is tarmaced and the surface is flush, just follow the roundabout rules.The works seem to be overrunning because the road closures for the tram rail replacement are taking preference. Works stopped when Donetsk Way was closed and this week Eckington Way is closed meaning Moss Way is extra busy and the roundabout works have stopped again. I've done Moss Way BSL several times this week and it is much freer flowing.

If an Audi drove over it at 40mph then he/she was driving without due care and attention and speeding because there are new 30mph limit signs well before the new mini roundabout.

It's a mini roundabout which you will be able to 'drive over' once it is tarmaced and the surface is flush, just follow the roundabout rules.The works seem to be overrunning because the road closures for the tram rail replacement are taking preference. Works stopped when Donetsk Way was closed and this week Eckington Way is closed meaning Moss Way is extra busy and the roundabout works have stopped again. I've done Moss Way BSL several times this week and it is much freer flowing.

I think there are supposed to be rumble strips going down in the 30mph part.

just follow the roundabout rules.

I feel this is the problem, far too many people still treating this as a junction and giving up their right of way.

Don't give up your right of way on a roundabout, they're designed to keep traffic moving!

The council appear to have set on some incredibly poor road maintenance team to carry out road resurfacing etc recently...It was Amey in the past...I live in S20, they put up signs to do our road, a dead end with cul de sacs off it...they rocked up...a day later than on the posters, which said 3days required...it took them almost 3 weeks to do half the work, still unfinished , and recently it turns out, our bit not being done! And it wasn't Amey vans doing the work..they are too busy cutting down trees that don't need cutting down!!

The workmanship is astonishingly poor, one resident complained about the grate outside their home which was simply filled in with the goop they pour on!! Resulted in Clive Betts coming down, agreeing it was basically **** but nothing else!!

I have, truthfully never seen workmanship so bad, so, the new Mini Rdbt at Moss Way...it doesn't surprise me one bit that it too is crap... as someone said...raised ironworks...camber all wrong...oh and the tram works..you drive past and theres like 3 guys half heartedly doing minuscule amounts of whatever it is they are meant to be doing!It's obviously a day rate job, hence the stop/start road closures open/closed again approach.

Its an amateur job, but when you have SCC involved in anything then what possible other outcome is there!!

absolute joke,nearly wrote my car off because of this crazy idea bet i"m not the only one !!

i drive down moss way every night to work and can honestly say this is a stupid idea. it's not made it any easier for buses at all because although people are slowing down for the roundabout, they are still just going straight over it and buses are still having to wait coming off bsl.

not to mention how tight it is if you go round it instead of over it.

i drive down moss way every night to work and can honestly say this is a stupid idea. it's not made it any easier for buses at all because although people are slowing down for the roundabout, they are still just going straight over it and buses are still having to wait coming off bsl.

not to mention how tight it is if you go round it instead of over it.

They usually put signs up saying new road layout but can't say I have seen one, not saying there isn't, but I haven't seen one. I have only seen the roundabout sign on the lamp post.

They usually put signs up saying new road layout but can't say I have seen one, not saying there isn't, but I haven't seen one. I have only seen the roundabout sign on the lamp post.

There definitely were 'New road layout' signs, I saw them a few weeks ago.