Sheffield Forum

2015/16 recommended tradesmen MEGATHREAD no advertising/self promotion

Home > Sheffield > Sheffield Property & Housing

Topic Closed

23-12-2016, 21:26   #981
jordan2

Total Posts: 23
Another thanks to sam for sorting out a sink and tap and do some extra sealing for shower tray almost free!

Very polite, genuine, reasonable and transparent priced tradesman.

---------- Post added 24-12-2016 at 14:00 ----------

Also great many thanks to the following:

Matt from MJB electrical. Very professional team do the consumer box upgrade. Almost have to rewire due to constant tripping when new RCD is put on. But the team (Matt and two young chaps) has lifted all boards and identified a stupid useless faulty line installed by previous electrician. This cost them almost extra half a day but didn't put me extra charge and save me a huge amount to rewire etc. Also, helped to sort out all external lights where I cannot reach.

Dan the roofer who replaced my flat roof and helped me to replace a shower in short notice. Yesterday, the new bay roof has passed a stern test and I am very happy.

Jazer who helped to install a membrane along the porch to block seeping water and fix the flashing over the roof. Very tidy and efficient job.

Merry xmas to all tradesman who have worked hard for our sheffield community.

Last edited by jordan2; 03-01-2017 at 17:49.

27-12-2016, 14:01   #982
gemma86

Total Posts: 431
Looking for a window cleaner in S20, just off Windmill Greenway. Any suggestions please?

28-12-2016, 21:13   #983
buza

Total Posts: 522
Thanks Jordon

Happy to help

Matt 👍🏻

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan2 View Post
Another thanks to sam for sorting out a sink and tap and do some extra sealing for shower tray almost free!

Matt from MJB electrical. Very professional team do the consumer box upgrade. Almost have to rewire due to constant tripping when new RCD is put on. But the team (Matt and two young chaps) has lifted all boards and identified a stupid useless faulty line installed by previous electrician. This cost them almost extra half a day but didn't put me extra charge and save me a huge amount to rewire etc. Also, helped to sort out all external lights where I cannot reach.

Dan the roofer who replaced my flat roof and helped me to replace a shower in short notice. Yesterday, the new bay roof has passed a stern test and I am very happy.

_______
Www.mjb-electricalservices.co.uk
Mjbelectricalservices@gmail.com
NICEIC Part p reg.

30-12-2016, 14:29   #984
dan2802

Total Posts: 3,826
Send a message via Skype™ to dan2802
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan2 View Post

Thanks Jordan. Finally managed the flat roof replacements between the rain showers !!!

02-01-2017, 08:56   #985
mammybear

Total Posts: 750
can anyone recommend a supplier and fitter for a new front door. thank you.

02-01-2017, 09:54   #986
rudds1

Total Posts: 2,496
Sheffield window centre on broad lane ,they come out and then give you a free quote through post and then it's up to you to call them if you wish to take them up on their quote

03-01-2017, 16:15   #987
jimmyt101

Total Posts: 183
Hi can anyone recommend a person or company that can fit a new garden gate and re-fit some new fencing panels that were poorly installed by a previous home owner. Looking for work to be done in Stannington. Must be good quality and affordable and be able to supply the gate etc. thanks
_______
The above views are mine and mine alone. No matter how they are interpreted I am not trolling and apologise in advance if this is how something comes across.

03-01-2017, 17:30   #988
Dggsheffield

Total Posts: 118
message sent

03-01-2017, 17:32   #989
mmitchell

Total Posts: 2,321
I can recommend Dean from Acorn Fencing, excellent finish, and reasonably priced. His number is 07514750959 or 01142340769

04-01-2017, 00:20   #990
kymama

Total Posts: 95
Hi can anyone refer a reliable and affordable builder to repoint / fix garden wall? Or do I need to get bricklayer to help? There are front garden walls, back garden side wall and also it's back wall. How much does it cost on average (e.g per sq ft?) Many thanks.

04-01-2017, 19:15   #991
stu83

Total Posts: 1
A recommendation for Jeff Smith (jsmith2009 on here). I found Jeff through previous recommendations on SF and he and his team have been working at our house either side of Christmas on a full renovation project (internal re-modelling, re-pointing, roofing, plastering, joinery (Jeff's trade), plumbing, decorating etc). As well as doing a great job of the joinery work, he has also been really helpful in helping manage the overall project and provide recommendations for other trades where required.

Also a recommendation for Sam Lovatt (one of Jeff's suggestions and Sam @ Dearne on here), who has done a great job and taken a great deal of care in fully renovating both our main bathroom and downstairs toilet.

It's been nice to work with tradespeople who not only produce top results but also act with a great deal of personal integrity and I would definitely use both of them again in the future (I've already passed Sam's details to my in-laws for their bathroom!)

04-01-2017, 20:50   #992
star1234

Total Posts: 165
A big shout out & a huge thanks to the lej that is Leepy (07946237432), who once again has done some internal work for me.
Many thanks for fitting me in Lee, it is much appreciated.

Also a big thanks to John from s6 Plastering & Tiling (07977053203) who did some work on my parents house recently, it's a little overdue so apologies for that!

I can't recommend Lee or John highly enough & all work completed is to an extremely high standard, as always.

Many thanks.

05-01-2017, 21:51   #993
jsmith2009

Total Posts: 2,970
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter32 View Post
Jeff Smith of Joinery solutions has done work for us before which has always been of a very high standard. This time, the project was an ambitious one: installing a new kitchen, which, as well as the actual installation, involved arranging and co-ordinating plastering and electrical work. All of this was carried out impeccably. During the course of the work, we discovered that our kitchen floorboards and joists needed totally replacing. We were glad that Jeff was around to sort this out very calmly and efficiently. As I've said before on this site, I recommend him very highly indeed.
hi Pete and rosemary thank you for work kind regards jeff and team
_______
Jeff smith Joiner 07861379796 or 01142203563 full refurbs/ loft conversions/ Doors/floors/ balustrades/ kitchens/ windows/ restoration to wooden windows/plastic windows all general joinery .free quotes given

09-01-2017, 14:15   #994
Auntbuddy

Total Posts: 28
scaffolding

I'd like to recommend hi-vis scaffolding. Scaffolded out a terrace house to gutter level for 280. I'd been paying 360. John (I think was his name) turned up when he said he would and took the scaffold down almost straight away when we'd finished with it ( that was the reason I changed Scaffolder's, waiting for them to be taken down)

Anyway I thought I'd let people know I was happy with the service and easily the cheapest I've come across.

Contact number 01142210634.

09-01-2017, 16:45   #995
regblind

Total Posts: 352
Just had to write about Slaters Ariel company. If your TVs is needing a new Ariel or just setting up correctly these are the people to do it. Highly recommend ,I got company from recommendations on Sheffield Forum and was not disappointed cheap,cheerful and certanly no there stuff.
_______
i am a registerd blind person and spend two mornings a week bowling with the blind. Any other bowlers out there

09-01-2017, 20:34   #996
Colin Foster

Total Posts: 417
Don't they repair washing machines?

09-01-2017, 20:50   #997
bluecanary

Total Posts: 1,059
Hello Forummers.

We are looking to have our kitchen entirely ripped out and replaced, potentially including an extension into our garden (depending on cost).

Can anyone recommend reliable builders who are prepared to come out and quote? We have phoned a couple who don't seem to want to get back to us!

11-01-2017, 13:47   #998
sharkster

Total Posts: 173
Send a message via MSN to sharkster Send a message via Yahoo to sharkster
Hi, I need qualified gas fitter to swap my gas hob for a new one. Any recommendations?

Cheers

13-01-2017, 16:14   #999
Garthy

Total Posts: 34
hi all , my electric shower has decided that it doesn't want to give us hot water anymore stupid question but do i need a plumber or a electrician to look at this either repair /replace if so anyone know anyone who can do this for us

15-01-2017, 16:43   #1000
judithhaslam

Total Posts: 1
I have had Lee Rogers, Handyman to my house twice now and each time responded very quickly and he did a string of jobs for me. Nothing was too difficult. I am definitely keeping his contact details safe as I would use him again. I also highly recommend him as professional, competent, friendly and fair.

Topic Closed