Sheffield Forum

Has anyone used Global Double Glazing Company?

Home > Sheffield > Sheffield Property & Housing

Reply To Topic

30-07-2012, 19:01   #21
the fox hat

Total Posts: 96
try asking safestyle for a quote then move house because if you dont you will be inundated will phone calls at all hours of the day 7 days a week 365 days of the year
30-07-2012, 19:13   #22
vize

Total Posts: 1,275
used to work for them hahahahahaha the above is true n their work is shoddy to say the least as well as rushed !!!!
and this applies to both safestyle and global !!!!
23-09-2012, 20:27   #23
white rhino

Total Posts: 1
Had a canvasser knock the door,made appointment ,nobody came,month later same again, nobody came! phoned up to complain (Steve) phoned me back and apologised and sent a surveyor up same day.Gave me a price,and said quote will arrive in post,2 weeks later no quote,phoned up left a message nobody got back,phoned up again spoke to surveyor " oh have you not got it, will drop ir personally through your letter box tomorrow, week later still not arrived.Phoned up again and asked for "Steve" to ring me back,guess what,still waiting ! phoned back again and complained "oh have you not got it"asked him where he had sent it too and he said "Rawmarsh" and not my address in Wickersley ??? mentioned he was going to drop it through my letter box last Saturday morning,he says he did come out to re-measure my house ? but left no quote,so gives him my email address and it did arrive,but the price had gone up 650 !!

Could you do business with a company like that ?
Best advice "Stay well clear"
16-10-2012, 21:58   #24
tiggerdzl

Total Posts: 1
No i would not recomend them

Last edited by tiggerdzl; 16-10-2012 at 22:10. Reason: changed mind
12-04-2014, 15:00   #25
sarah_12

Total Posts: 484
We used global windows few months ago, the workmen damaged our bath while fitting new window in bathroom i phoned global windows and they don't want to know! I will never recommend them to anyone. Im not very good at complaining so don't know what I'm supposed to do.
_______
if at first you dont succeed destroy all evidence you tried
10-10-2016, 10:57   #26
pitnjules

Total Posts: 308
Don't use them. Quick to quote and do the job, but poor after sales and customer service.
10-10-2016, 13:20   #27
alankearn

Total Posts: 1,041
Quote:
Originally Posted by alankearn View Post
They replaced all of my windows and doors just over 10 years ago and still appear to be as good as when fitted. I would definitely use Global again.
I posted this on here 6 years ago, it's now over 16 years since fitted and they still look good, the only thing done in that time is I replaced the rubber seal on the back door 2/3 years ago
11-10-2016, 21:18   #28
jordan24

Total Posts: 340
would recommend you use a smaller local firm such as me to recieve the quality you desire as our livley hoods depend on it 90% of the industry are the same just get the cheques in ect and so on ... also they all use self certify schemes such as certass and fensa wich is all well and good but one in ten jobs get inspected which means 9 slip through the net unless they do something so wrong that there investigated in which most jobs will be checked however we use labc which means every job is inspected and past individually by building control most people asume that you cant use anybody who arent fensa registerded get three or more quotes take or check refrences and see who you actually feel comfortable spending your money with regards jordan@Roofnglass
_______
ROOFNGLASS
FREE QUOTES AND SURVEYS
CALL JORDAN 07971073747
10-01-2017, 13:59   #29
Mosby

Total Posts: 44
The company has got worse over the years.

Recently got a quote and the salesman get pushy and then rude because I wouldn't commit - look at Companies House to see their dubious history, beware!
Reply To Topic