What's the name of that chip shop?

Can anyone rember the name of the cjhip shop next to the billiard hall on newhall road?

The 1968 and 1973 Kelly's directories show "H. Rose, fried fish dealer" at 235 Newhall Road. In the 1942 directory "Alice Simmonite, fried fish dealer" was at the same address, the next entry (No 243) being "James Wilfred McCartin, billiards saloon".

The 1968 and 1973 Kelly's directories show "H. Rose, fried fish dealer" at 235 Newhall Road. In the 1942 directory "Alice Simmonite, fried fish dealer" was at the same address, the next entry (No 243) being "James Wilfred McCartin, billiards saloon".

Thank you hillsbro!!

Thank you hillsbro!!

Hey Hillsbor, do you have a betting shop at 119 Meadow Street in the 60's.I would like to remember the telephone number as it was my Grandfathers shop,and my dad fitted it out for him,we had many trips to Silverstones.my grandfather sold it to Sayner and Milner when he retired....:help:

Hi herbiegrass - the 1968 directory shows "Saynor & Milner, turf commission agents, Tel. 26012" at 119 Meadow Street. There was another branch at 909 Penistone Road..:)

Hi herbiegrass - the 1968 directory shows "Saynor & Milner, turf commission agents, Tel. 26012" at 119 Meadow Street. There was another branch at 909 Penistone Road..:)

Thanks for that Hillsboro.that is the number I remember now...;)

Can anyone rember the name of the cjhip shop next to the billiard hall on newhall road?

All the chip shops I remember in Sheffield were always called "Greasy's" or "Slimey's" regardless of what name was over the door!

yes it was called simmonites chip shop great fish and chips they had a daughter i think they called her margaret

Does anyone remember the tiny (front room terraced) chip shop on Woodbourne Road? The old lady who owned it only ever cooked fish to order, the queue was always long, because the quality was fabulous.

Does anyone remember the tiny (front room terraced) chip shop on Woodbourne Road? The old lady who owned it only ever cooked fish to order, the queue was always long, because the quality was fabulous.

Becketts was the name, one of the best in Sheffield

That's it, I can taste them now. :love:

Were you a local by the way, if so do you remember the Pecks and the Fletchers?