Directors Pay Out Of Control.

On the wireless, a certain Chief Executive Officer of a Charity (with out ANY competition whatever) has seen the "wage" rise 70% since 2008. He now "earns" 11 times more per annum that what the PM gets. The Charity at present has £2.4 BILLION in cash and assets.

MP John Mann of the Labour Party, who concurrently headed the Parliamentary Commons Treasury Committee, called the sum "outrageous" and expressed the opinion that it "should immediately be returned to the Treasury".

MP Nigel Mills of the Conservative Party criticised the Charity for "effectively hoarding public money" and called for the UK's Charity Commission to investigate the matter.

Labour peer Lord Rooker said he had never heard of such salaries in “what is supposedly a charity scheme”, adding: “There is something not right. The Charity Commission needs to look into it.

So two questions arise from the above, as there is no competition for the Company/Charity should the wage of the Chief Executive Officer reflect this and be reduced.

Should as the MP's want, the monies be turned over to the Treasury.

My opinion is a simple yes to both questions.

Here is the story. https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/915479/disability-charity-boss-outrage-bonus-mike-betts-hm-treasury

Angel1

It would be interesting to find out about the growth of senior level wages in the charitable and public sectors.

When I started working in these sectors 20 years ago, people in these positions earning similar or even more than the Prime Minister would've been unheard of. However it now seems to be the default position to pay huge salaries for people in these positions.

welcome to capitalism :thumbsup:

No, this is something else entirely.

I used to think people who worked for charity did it for the sense of public spirit in their spare time .

Emma Harrison (nee Cridland) is a Labour supporter, well wouldn’t we all if they gave us £8million for doing bog all? :rolleyes:

I used to think people who worked for charity did it for the sense of public spirit in their spare time .

That's ok for the local church jumble sale, but even War On Want workers need to eat.

But do they need to earn ,as one does ,

six times as much as the prime minister the job cant be that difficult, most of the jobs for the boys are part time .

Most people that donate to charities don't realise the huge sums paid to those at the top. It definitely needs the cc to have a good look at this.

Accountability is what we need both in the private and public sector.........too many hiding!

Accountability is what we need both in the private and public sector.........too many hiding!

That's where Brendan Cox is.

Do what I do,i give them nothing in money.I donate old clothes to the fire brigade and in the past I have given books to the childrens hospital.I used to give books to Oxfam but I will not be doing that anymore.