The use of Capital letters?

Not to be pedantic...I'm not a 'grammar Nazi'..!

I often notice new posts where the poster starts their post off without using a Capital letter.!

I also notice that on many replies to posts, very few start off with a Capital letter...Is it just laziness or an actual lack of basic grammar?

Or is it the 'norm' these days NOT to use capital letters when posting on 'Forums'?

I often notice new posts where the poster starts their post off without using a Capital letter.!

I also notice that on many replies to posts, very few start off with a Capital letter...Is it just laziness or an actual lack of basic grammar?

Or is it the 'norm' these days NOT to use capital letters when posting on 'Forums'?

I think forums are a casual way of communicating so usual rules don't really apply. I always try to use caps in the right place but if I'm typing a quick reply I sometimes don't bother to use them.

I think it's sometimes laziness and sometimes poor education - you can spot the latter easily as they often use apostrophes incorrectly and omit using questionmarks for question and so on.

I think it's sometimes laziness and sometimes poor education - you can spot the latter easily as they often use apostrophes incorrectly and omit using questionmarks for question and so on.

Where is the LIKE button...?... I like this post a lot...!

Thank you 'Halibut'.:)

corect some off the speling is quiet pure too? I allways chek my, posts two make shure their.. are know mistake...

corect some off the speling is quiet pure too? I allways chek my, posts two make shure their.. are know mistake...

weel i oftern do tht too iz nt it ?

<<<Me...Never...!

Basics at least?

---------- Post added 20-05-2018 at 15:35 ----------

Just Brought a new mower?

WTF?

Where did you Brought it from?

I'm not pulling people here...I just want to understand..!

WTF is it?

Skitt's Law strikes again!

It should be a small c but consistency is everything!

And spaces:)

That aside, I agree.

I’ve also noticed a link between poor punctuation and grammar and overtly nationalistic posters.

---------- Post added 21-05-2018 at 15:27 ----------

Skitt's Law strikes again!

It should be a small c but consistency is everything!

Where do you stand on unnecessary exclamation marks? !!! :)

I will draw your attention to the forum no swearing policy please don't use this thread as an excuse to break forum rules.

And spaces:)

That aside, I agree.

I’ve also noticed a link between poor punctuation and grammar and overtly nationalistic posters.

---------- Post added 21-05-2018 at 15:27 ----------

'One should never use exclamation points in writing. It's like laughing at your own joke.' (Mark Twain).

Maybe they should bring back Capital punishment, that'll show 'em.

Guilty as charged; though the sight of multiple exclamation marks makes my insides bleed.