Middlewood road closure may/June 2018

Why has the council not done more (anything) to alert residents in the area that Middlewood Road is to be closed completely for three days and will then be one way for some 3 weeks? I live on the Wadsley Park estate and have seen nothing (don't read the star), there are no signs announcing the closure that I have seen. Worse still I have just confirmed to the council my willingness to receive communications in the light of the changes to the GDPR so there really should be no reason not to contact me.

What is my local councilor doing I wonder clearly not being proactive

In addition why do they not at least try and simplify life and make the one way towards the city centre in the morning and out of the city centre in the evening?

I can say I didn't know about this, as you seem to know could you give us any dates when this will happen? Thank you.

I'd not heard anything or seen anything about this either.

Why has the council not done more (anything) to alert residents in the area that Middlewood Road is to be closed completely for three days and will then be one way for some 3 weeks? I live on the Wadsley Park estate and have seen nothing (don't read the star), there are no signs announcing the closure that I have seen. Worse still I have just confirmed to the council my willingness to receive communications in the light of the changes to the GDPR so there really should be no reason not to contact me.

What is my local councilor doing I wonder clearly not being proactive

In addition why do they not at least try and simplify life and make the one way towards the city centre in the morning and out of the city centre in the evening?

Well at least on this occasion you cant blame supertram for not communicating it.... they’ve had it on their website , press releases and notices on tram stops for a while

(I’m sure you’ll manage to take them to task for something)

Is it really the council’s responsiblity to advise /write to residents to advise of road closures?

I hope youve asked your councillor why theyve not been proactive

Well at least on this occasion you cant blame supertram for not communicating it.... they’ve had it on their website , press releases and notices on tram stops for a while

(I’m sure you’ll manage to take them to task for something)

Is it really the council’s responsiblity to advise /write to residents to advise of road closures?

I hope youve asked your councillor why theyve not been proactive

They could at least have had signs roadside warning people.

I knew about it before reading this topic or going to middle wood.

They could at least have had signs roadside warning people.

Wow, you can see into the future. It's not the 26th of May yet.

Signs can go up in advance advising of road closure on the xyz... No need to be prescient.

Signs can go up in advance advising of road closure on the xyz... No need to be prescient.

So you can be upset all the time that it's going to be closed? I like unexpected surprises in life. Knowing everything in advance can be so boring.

Yes they can. So why are some presuming already. It's not the 26th. If no signs go up before then (it's still a week away), then yes, people could have a right old moan about it then.

If it were the 26th, then it would be impossible to put signs up in advance wouldn't it.

But yes, a weeks notice would be sufficient I guess, if the signs go up on Monday that would be fine.

---------- Post added 19-05-2018 at 09:43 ----------

So you can be upset all the time that it's going to be closed? I like unexpected surprises in life. Knowing everything in advance can be so boring.

You're weird. Most people like to be able to get to wherever they're going without unexpected delays. :roll: