Beware of this scam in S6.

If you live in The S6 area beware of the van driver who stopped me this morning and asked “ I’ve been delivering goods to some flats round the corner. Are you interested in buying a mattress at half price ? “ I said no because this is a scam which was on tv some years ago .

The mattresses are of inferior quality and are even sometimes returned mattresses that people have tried out at home. My friend got caught out with this scam , and on inspecting the mattress in her bedroom found that the polythene cover had been cut open then sealed up again.

If you live in The S6 area beware of the van driver who stopped me this morning and asked “ I’ve been delivering goods to some flats round the corner. Are you interested in buying a mattress at half price ? “ I said no because this is a scam which was on tv some years ago .

The mattresses are of inferior quality and are even sometimes returned mattresses that people have tried out at home. My friend got caught out with this scam , and on inspecting the mattress in her bedroom found that the polythene cover had been cut open then sealed up again.

That's an old classic! Used to be speakers or televisions. Get them home and find its a box of bricks!

I do question what sort of person agrees to buy a mattress out of the back of a van, on impulse really.

It's as old as the hills that scam, I'm surprised it still pulls people in.

Especially a mattress, who buys one of those out of the back of a van in a sodding car park??

I've had people try to sell me a mattress on a motorway services car park...

This has also been happening in S5, Longley area

It's as old as the hills that scam, I'm surprised it still pulls people in.

Especially a mattress, who buys one of those out of the back of a van in a sodding car park??

I might have been tempted if it was a single as my son needs a new mattress, but having seen this then no, lol.

Years ago a guy asked me if I wanted one, I said

"I'm not sure, I'll have to sleep on it!"

They are so called travellers ,they call on older people telling them that they have just one left and will let it go for half price ,the price is usually extortionate but they then offer to half it again just to do you a favour.

The mattresses are second hand that have been cleaned or recovered .

They are so called travellers ,they call on older people telling them that they have just one left and will let it go for half price ,the price is usually extortionate but they then offer to half it again just to do you a favour.

The mattresses are second hand that have been cleaned or recovered .

I should have taken his van reg shouldn’t I ?

Years ago a guy asked me if I wanted one, I said

"I'm not sure, I'll have to sleep on it!"��

:hihi::hihi:

I should have taken his van reg shouldn’t I ?

yes but the police will probably do nothing just as they refuse to act on reports of drivers using their phones when driving