Info wanted. Lenovo A2109A-F Tablet

I have one of these tablets and I know its an old one but was wondering if there is a way to get it to run properly? I only ever use a computer or tablet for searching on the internet, and emailing. The Lenovo has been in a drawer for around 3 years upto last year when I got it. I have factory reset it many times and it will work but after a while starts freezing and won’t open any sites. I don’t have to back it up because there is nothing on it. I know I could just bin it but it seems a shame because it still looks brand new. I was told about flashing it would that help solve my problem? Thanks for any advice. Alan.

Been in drawer for 3 years no wonder its freezing . Book an hour at Gosh Mozolans and let him show you how to use it and let him have a look at it . Unless you are technical minded you will always have a headache :help:

Edited by spider1

Mike I have the manual on how to operate the tablet its what I can do to get it to work properly, that’s why I asked if there was anything I can do to stop it freezing and not responding to anything. I would take it to Gosh if I was able I’m out of the country at the moment. Alan.

Alan, I have searched the Lenovo community/knowledge base, seems quite a few have a similar problem but alas no solution.

It's pretty old, maybe the demands of browsing online are too much for it to handle and it's crashing the CPU??

Some websites try to load up so many damn adverts it's quite possible it could crash the system on a slower tablet.

Websites like Yorkshire Post are so bad they can give a decent desktop computer a run for it's money :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

It's only Android 4.0 Also, with 1GB RAM... i'd be surprised if you can do much at all with it.....

Lenovo Tablets were notorious for failing, crashing constantly, dying... I honestly wouldn't bother...

Hello all thanks for all the info,looks like it will be the bin. Thanks again. Alan.

It's only Android 4.0 Also, with 1GB RAM... i'd be surprised if you can do much at all with it.....

Lenovo Tablets were notorious for failing, crashing constantly, dying... I honestly wouldn't bother...

Were ??? Does that mean that they are now O.K.

No, it means people abandoned them years ago!

There was a period where Android devices were woefully underspecced to do certain things - just like the Asus netbooks from a few years ago that came with Linux or Windows. You had to upgrade the RAM, and even then they were still sluggish.

If you want a decent cheap Andoid tablet, the Kindle Fire is pretty good.

No, it means people abandoned them years ago!

There was a period where Android devices were woefully underspecced to do certain things - just like the Asus netbooks from a few years ago that came with Linux or Windows. You had to upgrade the RAM, and even then they were still sluggish.

If you want a decent cheap Andoid tablet, the Kindle Fire is pretty good.

Well my Lenavo Yogi tablet is simply the best I have ever had and that includes the Kindles.

Been in drawer for 3 years no wonder its freezing .

Wow... Do you think that electronics start to seize up if they aren't used? :roll: