Bristol City v Sheffield United

The season ends with a meaningless game as regards United.

I have to say I'm quite pleased that that's as far as it goes, to see United in the Play Offs would have been a bit of a sickener.

That said, before a ball was kicked, I did say that United's squad of 16/18 would do very well in this League. Your 'all for one, one for all' Mantra was always destined to do you well. I've always said that a squad of 16 average players with a top attitude will always be better than a squad of 'better quality' players with an attitude that stinks. That's not just a Wednesday/United thing, that's true of football wherever it's played.

You've shown that you have a couple of decent players, one or two with a bit of consistency, and your desire and commitment has done you very well this season.

I expected Wednesday to spend almost all the season above you in the League, and with a kick up our players' jacksies and some commitment, I think that that's how it would have panned out.

The truth is, our 'better players' clocked off early doors, consequently got 'very badly injured' and our '2nd string' took some time to get going.

You've had a very good season (it could easily have been a great season) and you should be well proud of your lads and what they've done.

I'm not very good at making predictions, but I really can't see you doing so well next season. The doubt about Wilder can't be helping, but if he stays, your season will be far better than it will be should he leave.

Thanks to the Blades on here who haven't grouped me in with the 'I hate Wednesday' scenario (Are you listening Graps?) and for the ones who've conversed in a normal, proper manner.

Some of you, I'm afraid, have been almost impossible to work with.

The Norwich game has all the hallmarks of being an enjoyable (hopefully high scoring) game, and I hope you all enjoy it.

Have a great Summer break, and see you next season!! :thumbsup:

PS Can we have Freeman please?

Edited by Hotmale 1954

I have to say I'm quite pleased that that's as far as it goes, to see United in the Play Offs would have been a bit of a sickener.

That said, before a ball was kicked, I did say that United's squad of 16/18 would do very well in this League. Your 'all for one, one for all' Mantra was always destined to do you well. I've always said that a squad of 16 average players with a top attitude will always be better than a squad of 'better quality' players with an attitude that stinks. That's not just a Wednesday/United thing, that's true of football wherever it's played.

You've shown that you have a couple of decent players, one or two with a bit of consistency, and your desire and commitment has done you very well this season.

I expected Wednesday to spend almost all the season above you in the League, and with a kick up our players' jacksies and some commitment, I think that that's how it would have panned out.

The truth is, our 'better players' clocked off early doors, consequently got 'very badly injured' and our '2nd string' took some time to get going.

You've had a very good season (it could easily have been a great season) and you should be well proud of your lads and what they've done.

I'm not very good at making predictions, but I really can't see you doing so well next season. The doubt about Wilder can't be helping, but if he stays, your season will be far better than it will be should he leave.

Thanks to the Blades on here who haven't grouped me in with the 'I hate Wednesday' scenario (Are you listening Graps?) and for the ones who've conversed in a normal, proper manner.

The Norwich game has all the hallmarks of being an enjoyable (hopefully high scoring) game, and I hope you all enjoy it.

Good post.

It's been a tough year,so we've done extraordinarily well to finish where we have,but we have given as much as we have got against some massive teams on our first season back,all the players and staff can take a huge pat on the back for the way that they have handled themselves over the season,and long may we continue to progress.

Edited by chalga

I expect nothing from this game, so we will probably win.

I said at the start of the season, 12th or above should be the target. That's what we have achieved.

Disappointing to not get in the play offs after the start we have had. But that shouldn't detract from all the positives going forward.

Evans, Freeman and Coutts will be back in contention after a good pre-season.

We can ship Wilson home.

Move on some other players who don't figure in our plans.

Hopefully Holmes and Leonard can gel in the summer and show us something next season.

As for signings.... that will be interesting.

Overall it has been a good solid season back in the Championship. The double over Leeds was a highlight as was the 2-4 win at Hillsborough. It all started to go south at Burton away when Coutts broke his leg and whether people will admit it or not, he was our main man and from there on out, we struggled. Thankfully our early season form saved us from an even lower finish and with the boardroom negotiations continuing I fear this could affect Wilder's summer recruitment. Unless things change I can see a dogfight next season with us not challenging for a play-off spot and more a lower mid-table place.

It's time to cut our losses with Ched, too, he's not up to it and could find his place in a L1 team, how many more "good pre season's" does he need to become half decent? I would like us to try for Blackman but I doubt we can match his wages at Chelsea, I think Clayton will go too and make sure we can get at least one decent strike in on a permanent basis. Billy can do it but not as often as we'd like, he's slowly coming to an end and feel he'll be more of a impact sub next season. Give the captain's armband to Jack O'Connell, I never like a striker who has the band on.

I do think Wilder will stay but anything can happen though and at Sheffield United, anything and everything will happen.

Edited by byeo

Agreed on Ched, but I don't feel he will be lwaving. So let's hope he can turn things around

Agreed on Ched, but I don't feel he will be lwaving. So let's hope he can turn things around

I don't think he's even out of contract, I'm sure he's got a year left. Given what he's done (or not as the case may be) this season, I can't see many clubs interested.

Good OP - to be honest haven't posted much on here this season due to the bickering and endless return to the same boring arguments, largely between the same few posters.

Personally, when we came up last season, I reckoned we'd finish around 10th - 14th, but did get a little carried away with the start we had. That was firmly de railed after the injury to Paul Coutts, and we simply haven't replaced him. Having said that - to replace him like for like would have cost far more than what was clearly available to Chris Wilder in the January transfer window.

I can't, and won't, comment about Wednesday because I know the sum total of nothing about them, but was surprised at some of their results this season. It looks like things have settled down a bit - so next season will be interesting for us both again.

Ched Evans - I'm firmly in the camp that would suggest he is surplus to requirements. My opinion was and is that his signing simply didn't fit with the player profiles of all the others brought in. It was a cheap risk, and for me it's failed so far. I'm with other posters - time to cut our losses, and for him to move on and I'd wish him well if he did. If he's going to show his value, he needs games and can't see him getting many starts here. Agreed with comments on James Wilson - has shown precious little to justify his staying.

Still - ST renewed - and time to wrap this season up and we all go again in 3 months time.

It's sad that, after the fantastic end of season in League 1 with the title and 100 points, this season should end with a bit of a whimper and the spectre of yet more turmoil in the boardroom that seems to return to us all too often. Looking around the four leagues, I'm not sure there's many football clubs that are very different in that respect though. Looking at Chesterfield FC's demise into non league football does tend to put things into perspective, and hope they get back soon.

It's been a decent season with some fantastic results, and some right at the other end of the scale too. I hope the board room issues are sorted soon, and that we can crack on quickly with Chris Wilder and Alan Knill making plans and signings for August. Agreed with BYEO on the skipper issue - Stearman or Jack for me next season. Leon isn't vocal or challenging enough with those around him, Billy just isn't on the pitch enough to make him a realistic option for next season - much as I rate him as a player and Blade.

'Interesting times ahead' I fear. Enjoy the last game if you're going - no matter what team you follow.

Good OP - to be honest haven't posted much on here this season due to the bickering and endless return to the same boring arguments, largely between the same few posters.

Personally, when we came up last season, I reckoned we'd finish around 10th - 14th, but did get a little carried away with the start we had. That was firmly de railed after the injury to Paul Coutts, and we simply haven't replaced him. Having said that - to replace him like for like would have cost far more than what was clearly available to Chris Wilder in the January transfer window.

I can't, and won't, comment about Wednesday because I know the sum total of nothing about them, but was surprised at some of their results this season. It looks like things have settled down a bit - so next season will be interesting for us both again.

Ched Evans - I'm firmly in the camp that would suggest he is surplus to requirements. My opinion was and is that his signing simply didn't fit with the player profiles of all the others brought in. It was a cheap risk, and for me it's failed so far. I'm with other posters - time to cut our losses, and for him to move on and I'd wish him well if he did. If he's going to show his value, he needs games and can't see him getting many starts here. Agreed with comments on James Wilson - has shown precious little to justify his staying.

Still - ST renewed - and time to wrap this season up and we all go again in 3 months time.

It's sad that, after the fantastic end of season in League 1 with the title and 100 points, this season should end with a bit of a whimper and the spectre of yet more turmoil in the boardroom that seems to return to us all too often. Looking around the four leagues, I'm not sure there's many football clubs that are very different in that respect though. Looking at Chesterfield FC's demise into non league football does tend to put things into perspective, and hope they get back soon.

It's been a decent season with some fantastic results, and some right at the other end of the scale too. I hope the board room issues are sorted soon, and that we can crack on quickly with Chris Wilder and Alan Knill making plans and signings for August. Agreed with BYEO on the skipper issue - Stearman or Jack for me next season. Leon isn't vocal or challenging enough with those around him, Billy just isn't on the pitch enough to make him a realistic option for next season - much as I rate him as a player and Blade.

'Interesting times ahead' I fear. Enjoy the last game if you're going - no matter what team you follow.

Good post, Leons done nothing since signing his contract to be captain, Billy isn't a regular as you say anymore and jurys still out with Stearman for me, I say give it to Fleck

Well said sir you just about summed it all up.

---------- Post added 03-05-2018 at 10:00 ----------

good post mate and a sensible one .Have a good summer Hotmail.

Welcome back. :)