Wednesday in top ten

Surprised to see an article in the game section of today's London Times naming the Owls as being in the top ten title winners in the top flight .

It seems as though Sheffield was once the City that the rest of pro football looked up to.

wouldnt say ALL looking up to us, as i bet we're 10th LOL, a lot have won far more

wouldnt say ALL looking up to us, as i bet we're 10th LOL, a lot have won far more

Of course they have but they are on par with Newcastle and Man City have just moved up a place, history is history .

I did say at one time by the way.

Edited by Albert smith

Of course they have but they are on par with Newcastle and Man City have just moved up a place, history is history .

I did say at one time by the way.

Sheffield Wednesday have won a domestic trophy since Newcastle United last did, As for Manchester City..er. well...

Surprised to see an article in the game section of today's London Times naming the Owls as being in the top ten title winners in the top flight .

It seems as though Sheffield was once the City that the rest of pro football looked up to.

Funny, but only the other day, a lad from Huddersfield, who I used to work with told me that Huddersfield FC is still the only team to win the First Division/Premier League three years in a row. Hard to believe with Liverpool and Man U. winning so many titles.

Funny, but only the other day, a lad from Huddersfield, who I used to work with told me that Huddersfield FC is still the only team to win the First Division/Premier League three years in a row. Hard to believe with Liverpool and Man U. winning so many titles.

Yes Mr.T. The 'Terriers' did do that ( the 3 gold stars on their current shirt signifies that) and mangaer Herbert Chapman was in charge of them in at least two of the wins. Chapman then went on to manage Arsenal where he repeated the feat. Herbert Chapman was born in Kiveton Park. It takes a Yorkshireman to do things sometimes.

Yes Mr.T. The 'Terriers' did do that ( the 3 gold stars on their current shirt signifies that) and mangaer Herbert Chapman was in charge of them in at least two of the wins. Chapman then went on to manage Arsenal where he repeated the feat. Herbert Chapman was born in Kiveton Park. It takes a Yorkshireman to do things sometimes.

His brother played for Wednesday.

Yes Jim he did and I think Herbert turned out for the Blades at one time.

---------- Post added 16-04-2018 at 23:48 ----------

Not Lee Chapman tho' was it Jim ?

Edited by St Petre
Spell

Not Lee Chapman tho' was it Jim ?

I wish Lee Chapman had scored as many goals for us.

I wish Lee Chapman had scored as many goals for us.

As many goals as who Jim ?

Most successful clubs in English football as of now are

1- Man utd 42 major titles

2- Liverpool 41

3- Arsenal 30

14- Sheff we'd 8 (4 lge, 1 cup, 3 lge cup)

17- Sheff utd 5 (1 lge, 4 cup)