Evil Dead 2 screening at the Abbeydale Picture House

2017 marks the 30th anniversary of a film widely regarded as the definitive cult horror - Evil Dead 2.

Evil Dead 2 follows the story of Ash (played by Bruce Campbell), whose trip away with his friends to a cabin in the woods turns to disaster when they discover the Book of the Dead, and inadvertently release an evil from which they must survive the night.

Having to defend themselves against evil spirits, zombies and a possessed hand, we see why Evil Dead 2 became an influential cult movie favourite - with the perfect balance of gore and humour, it's an imaginative and unique horror film that's delirious and demented fun.

Hosted at the Abbeydale Picture House - a Grade II listed 1920's picture palace cinema, bringing the sense of occasion to match an anniversary of this genre defining horror spectacular.

With a bar stocked up with a selection of beer, ale, wine and popcorn, Evil Dead 2 will provide sensational Friday evening entertainment...

Following our last event at the Abbeydale Picture House celebrating a Bruce Lee anniversary with a screening of Enter The Dragon, we hope you'll join us for the first film event at the venue in 2017 with another anniversary celebration screening of a true cult classic.

Friday March 31st

£7

Doors open 7pm, film starts 8:30pm.

original trailer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fIUYxqA0wg

Please note that this film has an 18 certificate - entry to the event will only be for those (including ticket holders) above this age.

Tickets Online: http://sivtickets.com/event/evildead2

In person:

Sheffield City Hall Box Office (Monday - Saturday, 9.30am – 5.30pm),

SIV Ticket Office - Meadowhall Shopping Centre (Monday to Friday 10am – 9pm; Saturday 9am – 8pm; Sunday 11am – 5pm).

Telephone: 0114 22 33 777 (Monday – Saturday, 9am – 8pm)

Abbeydale Picture House

387 Abbeydale Road

Sheffield

S7 1FS

ahead of our anniversary screening, we take a look at why Evil Dead 2 became an influential cult movie classic in our feature review

- http://bit.ly/2nsPlST

if i remember rightly, Robocop came out in 87 too

if i remember rightly, Robocop came out in 87 too

as did Predator... '87 wasn't a bad movie year :)

I loved the original but cannot get to like 2, despite the fact that every one rates it.

as did Predator... '87 wasn't a bad movie year :)

oh yeah forgot about that lol, i have evil dead 2, robocop and predater on dvd, the only reason i remembered robocop though was that i just found a 3 disc dvd box set of robocop 1 (directors cut and original theatrical version),2,3 in a charity shop for 99p :)

---------- Post added 20-03-2017 at 14:15 ----------

I loved the original but cannot get to like 2, despite the fact that every one rates it.

I prefer the 2nd one tbh, its similar but lots more humour

oh yeah forgot about that lol, i have evil dead 2, robocop and predater on dvd, the only reason i remembered robocop though was that i just found a 3 disc dvd box set of robocop 1 (directors cut and original theatrical version),2,3 in a charity shop for 99p :)

---------- Post added 20-03-2017 at 14:15 ----------

I prefer the 2nd one tbh, its similar but lots more humour

I really don't like humour in horror films, perhaps thats why it doesn't appeal so much.

I really don't like humour in horror films, perhaps thats why it doesn't appeal so much.

really? some of the greatest horror films have humour in them (american werewolf in london, night of the living dead, dawn of the dead, evil dead 2,3, return of the living dead films etc)

although some are great cos of their relenting grisly horror too (texas chainsaw massacre, borderland etc)

The humour in those is of the blackest nature (pretty much like Inside no9 on TV at the moment) and I like some of the ones you mention, I still prefer The Exorcist, The Shining etc that take it deadly serious.

The humour in those is of the blackest nature (pretty much like Inside no9 on TV at the moment) and I like some of the ones you mention, I still prefer The Exorcist, The Shining etc that take it deadly serious.

dunno about the shining, that has a slight hint of humour, whether intentional or not? like the heres johnny bit? lol

by the ways sorry Joe for dragging your thread off topic, might start a proper one in entertainment